Chapter 6 - Super Mum

Beep! Beep! Beep! "Ahh" I groan while slamming my hand down on my alarm clock. As you can see I am NOT a morning person. Even in Gabriel's baby stages I found it so hard getting up for his midnight feeds. Summer was practically living with us but I got the hang of it — eventually. 

Throwing the warm duvet off my body, I stretch and look over at my alarm it read; 6:45am. Sighing I stand up and wobble into my bathroom.  After doing my business I take a shower. As soon as the hot water hit my body, I felt awake.

The water relaxed my muscles, making me feel light. After my shower I put on some lotion and look at the time; 7:15am. Opening my drawer chest I take out my Lacy black briefs with an ivory satin front and 2 tuxedo-style bows.

I put it on and paired it with a matching bra.  Walking into my closet and pick out my black pencil skirt and a silk lilac blouse. Getting my black pumps I sit on the bed while putting it on.

Grabbing my Louis Vuitton Damier handbag, I make sure I have all the things I need; those being my phone, purse, tablet and makeup. Putting on some lip gloss I walk down the hall way into Gabriel's room.

"Gabe, honey wake up" I coo gently.  "Mummy?" Gabe asks sleepily. "Hey sweetie wake up, you got school today" I say while giving him a kiss on the cheek.  Gabriel has preschool today; he attends it three times a week, on Monday, Thursday and Friday's.  Helping him out of his pyjamas I get him in the bath and get him cleaned before setting his clothes out on his bed.

While Gabriel was upstairs getting dressed I was downstairs making breakfast. This consisted of pancake, bacon, scrambled eggs. Gabriel came bounding down the stairs just as I had made a plate for him. "Mmm mummy that smells good" he said merrily while licking his lips and rubbing his hands together. Laughing at his impression,  I wait for him to get a seat before placing his food in front of him.

"What do you want to drink, orange or apple juice?" I ask while opening the fridge. "I want tea, like mummy" he replies with a mouth full of food. Giggling at his lack of manners I try to hide a smile while saying, "No, you're having juice you get to hyper when you have tea."  Sighing at my response he mumbles the words, "Orange juice please."

Twenty minutes later we have finished breakfast and are heading out the door. Looking at my wristwatch I am alarmed to find out that I have to get Gabriel to school in less than 15 minutes. As we arrive at Los Angeles first pre-school. I hurriedly get Gabriel out the car, giving him his pack lunch and a big kiss on the cheek I watch him walk into the playroom full of kids.

Immediately a chorus of "GABE" and "Gabriel's here" is heard. I smile proudly at the sight, what can I say my kid is popular and loved by everyone.

Arriving outside moonlight cafe which just so happens to be mine. After I had Gabriel I missed quite a lot of work at my old job 'Red Lion Restaurant' and I was fired. However I found a job here thanks to Emilia Harold who offered me a job. She was a great inspiration. Emilia could be described as a stubborn, independent, compassionate human being.

Sadly she passed away two years ago to Leukaemia and left me the cafe in her will as she had no children and I was the closest thing to a child to her and Gabriel a grandson. Over the years I have managed to expand the cafe with Jared's architect knowledge and my business degree.

Walking in I greet some of my staff then walk into my office. Taking a seat I start looking over today's schedule before getting to work. A few hours later there is a knock on my door. Startled by the sudden intrusion I straighten myself before answering with a, "Come in." Summer Pearson Lawson  — my sister dramatically waltz into my office and takes of her Gucci sun glasses and says in a posh British accent, "Why hello darling, have you missed me?"

  Laughing heartedly with her, I quickly jump up and embrace her. "Aww I missed you so much" I say while pulling back to look at her. Summer had just been swept away to England by her romantic husband — David Lawson.

"So how was your trip?" I ask while beaming at her.  "It was amazing we did everything, oh my god and let's just say we did each other a lot" she says with a wink towards the end of her sentence. "OH my god, too much information!" I squeak out while turning red. "PUH- LEASE stop acting like a virgin" she replies teasingly.

My face turned into an even brighter shade of red. I clear my throat and quickly change the subject. "So... tell me everything? Except for how freaky you and Dave got." I say.  "How about we do this over lunch" she asks.

"Err... I'm not sure; I'm kind of swamped with work" I hesitantly say while looking over at my desk and back to Summer's glowing face. "Come on... I only need an hour of your time" Summer says with a pout. Sighing I grab my phone and handbag. 

We arrived at 'La Blanc' (a nice French restaurant) ten minutes later. After ordering we start to catch up she tells me about her vacation and I tell her about Mr tall dark and dangerous. After our meal I get a call from Julie who is an employee of mine saying that I have to get back in the office immediately.

 After giving her a quick hug and a kiss I start to walk away when Summer calls after me "DON'T FORGET DINNER WITH MUM AND DAD TONIGHT!" she yell. Turning back around sharply I watch as Summer gives me a grin and climbs into her car, driving off. "I totally forgot about that" I mumbled under my breath and started to walk back to the cafe. 

On the way to the cafe I couldn't help but feel as though someone was watching me. You can imagine my relief when I entered the cafe. After dealing with the emergency Julie told me about I finish up the rest of my work and head over to the preschool to pick up Gabe.

Getting out of the car I lean back against it while I wait for Gabriel to come out of the building. Miss Evelyn(Gabriel's favourite teacher) comes out of the building holding Gabriel's small hands. As soon as Gabe spots me he lets go of Miss Evelyn's hand and dashes towards me; jumping in my arms at the same time as he shouts, "MUMMY!"

Smiling down at Gabriel I hug him back tightly and wave at Miss Evelyn a nice forty-three year old brunette.  Placing Gabriel in his car seat I get in the car and we are home in no time.  As we enter the house Gabriel runs into the living room to watch TV. "We have dinner with grandpa and grandma today so go and get changed." I yell after him.

Gabriel immediately comes back into my line of vision and starts hopping about like a rabbit. "Really mummy really yay. I can't wait to see Grandpa he said he would play airplane with me. Do you think Granny made those cinnamon and vanilla cookies again? Can I bring my toys? Can we sleep over? Please mummy please" Gabriel rushes out all in one go whilst running around me in circles.

"Whoa there, hold up. Yes were really going over. Grandma most likely made the cookies, she nearly always does when you come over and yes you can bring toys but only two because Grandma and Grandpa have loads there for you, anyways and you can sleep over since you are staying there tomorrow anyway while I go to work but I have to come home because I have to wake up early. " I say just as fast as he did; answering his question.

By now Gabriel has stopped running around me and is standing in front of me, big blue eyes look at me innocently. Blinking twice Gabriel nods his head energetically and smiles. "Okay" he finally says and goes upstairs to get ready.

****************

Hey so what do you think? If you want the next chapter you know what to do;

Vote

Like

Comment ;)