chapter one

Isabella's POV-

I can't believe I'm going back to seattle, when I left and finally got away from my mom.

I told myself I wasn't going to go back, but now that she died a couple years ago and I was offered a job I decided I was going to go back.

I changed my name after I left aswell, I didn't want or need my new staff comparing me to my mother and her work.

I go by Isabella Brooke, I mean I didn't legally change it but I tell all my bosses and they agree to let me.

It was my first day and I was getting ready to go.

I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked okay, my brown hair around the mid of my back.

I was always told I looked like meredith growing up, and I still do but my eyes are bright blue with a strike of green going through.

I quickly braid my hair and make sure I'll be able to pin it back if I have a surgery.

"Alright Brooke's you have this." I say to myself before I grab my bag, but my coat on and pull my fluffy beanie hat on.

_______
Meredith's POV-

I had just got back to work after have ellis.

Losing Derek was awful but it opened up my eyes. I needed to let Maggie in.

I had already lost two of my sisters, with lexie dead and my sister Isabella who I haven't seen since moms funeral and I didn't even get to speak to her.

Mom always over worked her, I mean she finished high school at thirteen. I dont blame her for leaving as soon as she finished residency.

No one knew where she moved to and we couldn't find her on any social media.

"Grey! I need you to come meet the new heads of peds with me." Alex said as he started to pull me away from Maggie and Amelia.

"Why?" I whine, I hadn't even got my coffee yet.

"Because she is the youngest surgeon in the world! Its fucking amazing."

" you know for someone who works with kids all day you have a very dirty mouth." Jo says coming out of nowhere. "Have a good day."

She kisses him before walking off to probably see a patient.

"Ok so Bailey said she's going to take her around the hospital and then bring her to peds but all I know is her last name is Brooks. doctor I.Brooks."

"Sounds good." I reply as we walk to the peds floor and check on some patients.

After a while miranda comes to the nurses desk.

"She will be here in a second, one of the nurses stopped her to ask a question." She tells us. "You both need to be kind, she is one of the best surgeons I mean she's 25 and one of the best head of peds in the country."

"Yes boss." We both say with a chuckle.

"Also meredith, she looks strangely like you." She says with a awkward chuckle.

But before I could reply a face I never thought I would see again walked are the corner her, reading a chart as callie walks beside her pointing over her shoulder every once and awhile.

"Dr brooks, I thought we agreed you wouldn't do any cases before I finished my tour."

"Its not my fault, dr.. I want to say Torres asked for my opinion."

"Brooks?" I asked making her look up at me.

"Yeah, Isabella brooks." She says with a nod. "Its nice to see you again meredith. Bailey before we finish the tour, do you mind if I quickly go make a phone call."