chapter five

Isabella's POV-

I was sitting in the attic on the old bed, looking around the room trying to Imaginon raising a baby in this room, with my sister and news sisters.

"Aunt isa?" I hear a small voice ask, so I look towards the door that leads to the stairs to see zola.

"Hey zozo." I reply, opening my arms so she can come cuddle if she wants to.

"Can I sleep in here with you?" She asks as she gets under the covers with me.

"Yeah, I dont see why not." We just talk for a while but she finally starts to fall asleep.

"Night Zola." I chuckle placing a Kiss on her forehead.

"Hey, have you seen Zola- Oh there she is." Maggie says as she walks into the room.

She sits down on the bed next to me before getting comfortable.

"So you grew up here?" Maggie asks trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, well no. Our time was split between here And Boston. I lived here until I moved to new York." I sighed, my childhood wasn't the best I mean I was 8 and in junior high. " and technically I grew up in Amelia's room. But this one is way better  no bad memories because I never came up here."

"So your 25? That impressive."

"This is a bit awkward." I say with a small laugh. "I've never really found out that I have a sister that I didn't know I had."

"What about lexie?" She asks me confused.

"Who?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

Who's lexie?

"I uh- you might want to talk to meredith about that."

"Stay with Zola." I sigh out before running downstairs to see meredith.

"Meredith!" I whisper yell when I find her holding a sleeping ellis.

"Yeah iz?"

"Who the fuck is Lexie- Maggie just asked me if I knew lexie."

"I uh- sit down." She says, putting ellis in her mosie basket and moving up so I could cuddle into her while she talks.

"Lexi was our fathers other kid, he has two other daughters. Both older than you." She sighs out, starting to play with my hair. "We were in a plane crash and she died, I wish she got to meet you, she wanted to but we couldn't find you then either."

"I'm sorry-" I try to apologise but she cuts me off.

"You have nothing to apologise about, mom put you threw hell and I just sat and watched so I understand why you left."

We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying having my sister back.

I decided to break the silence after a while.

"Tou said he had two other daughters, who's the other one?"

"Her name is molly, she wants nothing to do we me- well us. She wants to believe that her perfect daddy wasn't lying to her."

Before I could reply Maggie came down stairs with zola in her arms.

"Someone wanted auntie izzy."

"Come on zozo, let's go back to bed."

I went to get up but I felt a sharp twinge in my stomach.

"You okay?" Meredith asks as she pulls me fully back down before starting to fuss over me.

"I felt a twinge or flutter in my stomach, it's fine. Right?" I say starting to get worried now that she was fussing over me.

She places her hand over my stomach and waits a couple moments and then it happens again.

"Its all okay, your baby is kicking.  They are going pretty fast, your 17 weeks and already having them kick that hard."

"Great, they start kicking when I'm about to go to bed, great!"  I whine before getting up and taking zola into my arms and heading upstairs.

"Night girls!" I hear meredith call up behind us.
___________

"Isabella grey!" I hear someone call as I was walked to the attending lounge holding a cup of coffee.

"Zona?" I ask when I realised who it was.

"Please tell me that is decaf."

"I'm allowed one coffee a day thank you."  I tell her, continuing my walk.

I could tell she was about to argue but stops herself and wraps her arm around me.

"I need you to come talk to a patient about  what you can do if my surgery goes wrong."

"When?" I ask as I grab my scrubs put my bag and head into the bathroom closing the door, but leaving open enough to still hear Arizona.

" shes coming in an hour, so eight. Gives her half an hour to get checked in and her iv set up."

"Okay, I'll be there." I reply changing into my scrubs before walking back into the lounge.

"The baby kicked last night, well kicked all night." I tell her as I grab my coffee and sat on the sofa next to her.

"God, I bet that was annoying." She laughs, standing up herself and grabbing her own scrubs.

Doing the same thing I did with the bathroom door.

"It was, especially when I had zola kicking in her sleep aswell."

"A double kicking, you must be tired." She laughs as she walks out of the bathroom and sits next to me.

"Yup!" I replied leaning against her. "But I guess I have to get used to sleepless nights. This little munchies is gonna keep me up for years."

"They do, but when their older and fall asleep on your chest or say I love you for the first time. It's all worth it."

I quickly get off of her shoulder and look at her.

"You have  kid?"

"Her name is sofia, she stays with her other mom in New York. She visits every so often and I go to see her atleast once a month."

"Oh, that must be hard. I'm sorry." I apologise even though I dont really know why.

"No, it's fine. I get to see her and I calm her every day. Aslong as shes happy I can handle it."

I give her a small smile before getting up and walking over to the small fridge in the lounge.

"Do you know what time alex started his shift?"

"A bout an hour ago." She asks confused.

"Good that means he would of put the sandwich that joe made him this morning." I tell her as I quickly open the fridge and see a sandwich with a note saying to keep our hands off of it.

Oh well, I'm pregnant and hungry. I grab the food and go back to the sofa and unwrap it.

"Alex is going to kill you." She says with a small laugh.

"I'm pregnant and his boss. He would never, and jo told me that it was here on my way in."  I took a bite of the sandwich before standing up once again.

"I'll see you at 8 but for now I'm going to go annoy Amelia while shes in the skills lab."

And with that, I said goodbye to Arizona and left the lounge.

________
Not proof read.
1178 words.