chapter six

Arizona's POV-

Isabella's currently talking to my patient about what will happen if the surgery goes wrong.

I watched from the nurses station, I watched as she talked to the patient grabbing her hand to keep her calm.

"You so have a crush on my sister." A voice from behind me says making me jump and quickly turn around.

"Meredith! You scared the shit out of me." I laugh, with my hand on my chest.

"Robbins, you need to back off if you aren't serious about it. You jump around relationships and isa doesn't not need that. She is expecting a baby and you can not get her to fall for you just to leave." Mer says love past me and at her younger sister. "She's been throu enough."

"I am not messing with her-" I try to reason but she ignores me.

"You may not think you are but she already has a thing for you. So back off."and with that meredith walks off.

She has a thing for me? I turn back to face the room window just in time to see Isabella look up and shoot me a smile.

I watch as she says goodbye to the patient and walks over to me with a bright smile.

"I'm starving, do you wanna go grab something to eat and a smoothie?" She asks as she hands the chart over to a nurse. "Thank you Elizabeth"

"Uh no sorry." I say throwing her a small smile before walking off.

Maybe it is best I back off, I am probably just attached to her because shes having a baby and I miss my daughter.

Yeah that's what I'm going to going to do.

_________

Isabella's POV-

It's been about 4 months since Arizona has started avoiding me.

I dont know why she is but she is. When ever I try talk to her she makes an excuse, when shes sees I'm in the elevator she decides to take the stairs and she avoids eye contact as much as possible.

4 months of her doing this, its ridiculous.

I am currently in my 7th month of my pregnancy and I feel like a fucking whale.

Meredith is always fussing over me, making sure I'm ok and if shes busy she gets amy or maggie to do it.

"Isabella! Come on we have to go." Maggie says as she walks into the living room, where I was basically living because it was too tiring to walk up all the stairs to the attic.

"I can't get my shoes on." I whine.

Maggie rolls her eyes before kneeling on the floor to help me get them on.

"You really need to start sleeping in a proper bed." She sighs as she spots the spare covers folded on the end of the sofa.

"But it takes too much effort walking up all those stairs to the attic and I'm scared I'll fall. I cant even see my feet, I'm scared I'll miss the step."

She sighs again before stands up and then helping me up.

"We'll talk about it later, for now we need to get to the hospital. You have an appointment in half an hour and then we both start work in an hour so we have to hurry up so we can see the beautiful baby boy or girl before work."

"Fine, let's go." I replied as I waddle to the car where Amelia and meredith are waiting.

"I thought it was your guys day off?" I ask them as I strap the belt around my massive belly.

"We do but we wanna see the baby and find out its gender." Amy says as she starts talking to my belly like she does alot.

She claims that it will make their bond stronger and she will be the favourite auntie.

"Okay, you can come BUT you can not butt in quizzing the Obyn about the baby. You come as my sisters. You aww and say they are cute. That is it. Do you understand?"

They all agree before we pull out of the drive and head toward the hospital.

We walked into the hospital after the 20 minute drive and walk straight to the Obyn wing.

As we were walked towards the room we were told, I saw Arizona walking out of another.

When she spots us, I shoot her a smile but she just turns the other way and walks away.

Maybe I am just wasting my time, she clearly has no interest.

I am about to become a mother, I dont have time for games.

Sighing, walk into the hospital room and shut the door behind me and my sisters before quickly pulling my pants down and getting up on the chair and covering myself, making sure my stomach is on show.

"Are you okay iz?" Meredith asks as they all form a weird looking circle around me.

"I'm fine, let's get this scan started so I can find out my baby's gender. I have waited 2 extra months because I was either called into surgery or carina was." I say as I wiggle alittle to get comfortable.

They all laugh at me before we discuss recent cases while we wait for carina to come in.

"A room full of doctors this morning, how lucky am I?" Carina jokingly says as she walks in to the room and straight to the machine next to me. "Are we ready to find out the gender of your bambina?"

"I've been ready for ages!" I say as she quickly puts the Cold gel on my stomach and getting straight to work.

"Well here is your baby's head, hands and feet. And the moment you have been waiting for." She says as she stares at the screen, moving the wand around my stomach.

"What Is it?" Amy asks, as she was standing in the only place you couldn't see the screen.

"Your baby is going to be a mini mama. Meet your baby girl." She answers as she turns the screen even more so I get a clear look.

"I'm having a girl!" I happily exclaimed as I thrown arms around meredith. "Just a quick heads up, I'm stealing Ellis's old black flower dress I loved."

"Its all yours and if you want anything else you can have it." She says before carina has to check everything else.

She finished all the routine checks before printing off a couple pictures.

"Well, I'll leave you to get sorted and I'll see you around. Oh also me and maya would love to have you over for dinner again, maya loves having someone to talk about track with."

"Just tell me a time and day and I'll be there."

With that everyone but amy leaves the room and I get my sweatpants back on before turning to Amelia.

"Dont you want to go home, it's your day off."

"What's up with you and Arizona?" She asks completely ignoring my question.

"Nothing is up with me and Arizona, now I have to get to work and you need to go enjoy your day off."

"I'm not leaving your side until you tell me what's happening between you and Robbins."

"Well you have a long day of watching me tend to my patients because there is nothing to tell." And with that I leave the room with Amelia following behind me.

_______________
Not proof read
1240 words