chapter three.

Maggie's POV-

Meredith and Amelia are taking the kids to daycare, so I decided I was going to chill in the attending lounge until my shift starts.

About a couple minutes after I had got settled, a brunette walks in panicked, she looks just like meredith so I'm guessing this is Isabella.

"Isabella?" I ask carefully as I watch her put on her lab coat.

"Oh uh, hi that's me." She says with a small smile.

"I'm Maggie, are you okay?" I ask as she still has a panicked look on her face.

"Nice to meet you- I'm sorry I just everything is going wrong today and- I really just want to- wheres Amelia?!" She asks starting to pace in a circle.

"Hey, it's okay. Come sit down and tell me what's good wrong okay?" I say as I lead her to sit down.

Once we were both settled on the sofa, she starts to tell me.

"At first it was just small things, I couldn't find my hair tied or my hair brush, then I spilt my coffee on my only clean white shirt so I had to find a spare one in my car what is black. But to top off my bad day my ex turns up trying to tempt me with drugs." She sighs as she starts twisting her hand around her wrist making a red mark.

I gently take her hand in mine and try to get her attention on me.

"How about I quickly do your hair and then we will find Amelia and if shes busy, I will drive you to a meeting and stay with you. Okay?"

"Okay." She says with a nod.

I grab my hairbrush and two hair ties, because her hair looks really thick from how long it is.

Her hair is resting just above her bum and she has natural waves so I'm guessing when she straightened it, it will be longer.

"Okay do you want me to braid your hair or just pull it back." I ask as I start to run the brush through her hair to get rid of any knots.

"Can you do a braid please? I can just pin it up if I have a surgery." She says with a small sniff.

"I may not know you personally but I have heard alot and i just want to say I am so pretty of you." I tell the young girl sitting infront of me. "I'm sure there was a time that you wouldn't of walked away from her. You would of took them, and I'm so proud you didn't."

I finish braiding her hair and tie it off at the bottom.

Aa soon as I finished she turned around and threw herself in my arms, starting to cry.

"Hey, it's okay..  it's okay." I try to calm her down by rubbing her back.

"I am so Sorry- I didn't want to meet my big sister like this." She says with a sad chuckle.

"Hey, I just wanted to meet you. I dont care how or why." I say trying to relax her.

When she finally fully calms down, she just lays in my arms while I play with a couple of her baby hairs.

"We started ivf.. a week before a I left. I'm just to scared to get a test and see if it worked." See tells me, making my heart break of her even more.

Meredith told us about her ex-fiancé, how she caught her cheating when she came back from a wedding dress fitting.

That must of been so hard, especially when shes an ex-addict.

"You think you might be pregnant?" I finally speak up.

"Yeah, I do. I have a little bump, I'm showing all the signs and we done ivf so i have to be."

"What are you going to do?"