Chapter twenty four

Arizona's pov-

Isabella has been in hospital for a month now and when I tell you she is getting restless and annoyed I mean it.

"Isa, Callie is taking my parents to the airport and then she's bringing the kids." I told her for the fifth time when she started trying to force her your the bed.

My parents decided to stay for an extra month to help out so I could spend most of my time with Isa.

"I want to go home!" She complained as she tried to push me away.

"I know baby, I know but Callie said as soon as you can walked around the floor without collapsing then you can go."

"I can walk just fine!" She insisted as she slumped into the bed annoyed.

I just sighed and kissed the top of her head, climbing into the bed with her to try and give her a little comfort.

"I'm sorry about the date this ruined, you were so excited for it." She sighed, this was the first time she had ever actually brought up anything from that day. 

"Hunny we can have that date anytime, I'm just happy you were okay."

"But you were all excited, you talked about that date for a whole week." She laughed lightly as she leaned against me.

I took a deep breath this was probably not the ideal scenario i had in my head for how this was going to go.

I got out of the bed and went over to my bag and grabbed the ring, when I turned to face her again she looked so confused.

"I wasn't excited for the actual date, I was excited for what I was going to do after it." I smiled as I walked back over to the bed and sat down in front of her.

"The sex?" She asked jokingly with a smile.

A smile I haven't seen unless the kids were around since the accident.

"Yes but also I was looking forward to this." I took a deep breath before smiling at her lightly. "I've Isabella I and madly in love with you and our little family, I am madly in love with our future. I want to spend the rest of my life of my life with you, I want to have more kids and talk shit about random people on the Tv while they all sleep."

She laughed at my last comment and I could see the tears build up in her eyes.

"So I guess i have to actually ask the question so, Isabella grey will you marry me?" I opened the ring box and she started nodding like crazy.

"Always!" She said as she pulled me into a passionate kiss.

When we finally pulled away from the kiss, I quickly slipped the ring on her finger.

"I love you

"I love you." She said before pulling me into another kiss.

——————
I was walking to the car park to meet Callie with the kids.

"Hey babies, you ready to go see momma?" I asked Freya as I took her hand and pulled Sofia into a hug.

"When can momma come home?" Sofia asked as we started to walk into the hospital, i looked back at Callie to silently ask her because well she's the only doctor who hasn't discharged her but I know why.

Isabella's leg has been really bad up until a couple days ago, she can walk for five minutes before collapsing.

"Momma will most likely be home within two weeks Sofia but she might not be." Callie sighed as she scooped freya up.

"Are we staying with mama until then?" She asked.

They had been swapping between my parents and Callie this past month while spending the days after school with me and Isabella.

"Tomorrow yo will be but I'm gonna go home with you guys tonight because I want to spend the night having a movie night with my babies, we'll face time momma the whole time."

They both seemed excited as we entered Isabella's hospital room but she wasn't in the bed.

"Where's momma?" Freya asked as she looked around for her mom.

The toilet door opened and Isabella walked out on her own.

Sighing I quickly ran over to her and helped her back into the bed.

"If you are going to insist on going to the toilet on your own atleast use your walking stick until you are cleared to walk without it." Callie said as she placed freya down on the bed and both the girls attacked the grey in a tight hug.

Like they didn't just see her yesterday.

"The stick hurts my hand and the crutches-"

"Hurt your arms." I finished for her as I sat on the end of the bed. "We know but if you want to get back on your feet faster you have to put up with it."

"Momma?" Sofia asked as she laid down against Isabella.

"Yeah baby?"

"I like your ring." Sofia said as she took her momma's hand to look at the ring I hadn't given the woman less than an a hour ago.

"You proposed?" Callie asked me excited as she ran over and pulled Isabella into a hug.

"Yeah, she did." Isabella smiled as she looked at me happily.

————————

Isabella's pov-

Arizona went home with the girls while Callie went to work as she was on call tonight.

I had asked one of the nurses to go and grab me some wedding magazines.

If I'm going to be stuck in here on my own tonight might as well start looking at wedding ideas.

"Here you go dr grey." She smiled as she placed a pile of magazines on the pull over table.

"Thank you." I smiled before starting to flip through the first magazine.

"So you're getting married?" Amelia asked as as she walked into my room and laid beside me on the bed.

"Yeah, bad shift?" I asked as I realised her mood and leaned against her shoulder.

"Kind of, I lost a pregnant woman. The ob was able to get the baby out in time thankfully."she sighed sadly as she grabbed another magazine for herself. "Oh you should definitely get a four layer cake."

I looked to see what she meant and she was looking at wedding dresses.

"You just want a big cake don't you?" I laughed as I continued to flipped through mine.

I want this wedding to be amazing but nothing like the one I was planning with my ex.

So no blues or pinks.

———————
Not proof read
1097 words