Chapter nine

Isabella's pov-

The ambulance pulled up infront of grey Sloan hospital and I quickly rushed the girl into an or.

As I was about to walk in after scrubbing in quickly, jo Wilson walks in.

"Dr grey, if it is okay I would love to scrub in." She asks as she holds her scrub hat in her hands.

"Of course, but you have to make me and baby a sandwich after." I replied making her smile before I walked in and allowed a scrub nurse gown and glove me.

"Let's get to saving a life."

——————

It's been about 5 hours since the surgery had started and it was starting to look up, the teen was stable and the surgery only had about an hour left.

"Dr grey, you in have blood coming down your pants." One of the nurses says as she hands me what I had asked for.

What? I hadn't spilt any blood to make them covered, the only thing I could think of was- no.

No this patient was more important that the overwhelming sadness I was feeling right now.

"Page Meredith grey, Amelia shepherd, Maggie pierce and Dr Deluca to the OB floor in an hour please." I know that I should go there now but I've already lost the baby so I might as well save this girls life than cry later.

I can already feel my heart breaking.

Jo looked up at me and shook her head.

"Isa I'll finish up, you have having a miscarriage you might be able to save it."

I could feel myself starting to cry as I shook my head.

Suddenly I was being pulled away from the girl and into someone's arms.

"Page them all there now." I heard Arizona's voice.

I just let her lead me to the ob floor without a fight.

"It's too late I'm bleeding I'm going to have to have a still birth." I cry as she helps me into the chair as she sets up the machine.

"We both know that isn't the only reason you could be bleeding. We might be able to save her. Now let me do this scan okay?"

I nod and let her get to work, just as the wand touches my stomach all my sisters run in.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" Meredith asks as she takes my hand.

"I lost her." I sobbed, I don't care what anyone is saying.

Only bad things happen to me, so I expected this to end like shit it's karma for being an addict.

"Isabella what did I just say? She might be okay." Arizona says as she Carrie's on her exam.

After a couple moments of my sobs being the only noise in the room she finally speaks.

"She's still alive but we need to get her out now, or you will miscarriage, Maggie book a or now, tell Alex to get ready for the baby and Meredith sign the forms you know the drill and Isabella I need your consent."

"You have it! Just save my baby." I quickly say allowing her to help me up and onto a gurney that a nurse just rushed in.

"Well let's go make you a mama."

———————

Meredith's pov-

Maggie, Amelia and myself were sitting in the waiting in the waiting room for any type of news.

It had been an hour since she went in for a c-section.

Suddenly Alex walks over with a small smile.

"Would you like to come meet your perfectly healthy for a 7 month along baby niece?"

"You guys go, I'm going to wait for news on Isabella."

They both nod before following after Alex and I stay in my place waiting for Arizona to come tell me what was taking so long.

"Meredith, Isabella is back in her room." Arizona says making me let out a sigh of relief. "She should be waking up soon, so you have time to meet your niece before going to see her."

I give her a small smile before going to meet the baby.

I'm just happy everything is okay, Isa has her baby and the baby is healthy after giving her mama a miscarriage scare.

—————
Isabella's pov-

I woke up from surgery about an hour ago and I had finally convinced everyone that I was fine to go see my baby.

As Amy was pushing towards I saw Arizona standing at the nurses station.

"Arizona." I call out catching her attention, when she looks at me, I smile. "Thank you for saving my baby and I won't tell anyone."

I motion for Amy to carry on pushing me to the elevator. When we finally make it to the nicu..

I see all my favorite nurses standing around an incubator that had my name on.

Almost all of them were holding a gift bag or a teddy.

When they noticed me they all congratulated me and handed Amy the gifts before getting back to work.

I finally see my little girl laying in the middle of the incubator, she only had a couple wires that were checking her pulse and blood pressure.

Alex comes over and places a hand on my shoulder.

"She's lucky, she seems to be perfectly healthy for being seven months, I say that after a week of being here she can go home with you." He says as he lifts her out of the incubator, being careful of the wires and placing her into my arms. "I'm happy for her to stay in your room with you, Arizona is going to be watching you like a hawk and knows how to help you both."

I smile down at the baby in my arms as Amy wheels me back up to my room.

I can't believe any of this, my baby is fine. I'm hold my baby and all I feel is peace and a little pain from where I was refusing any meds but it was for the best.

"Do you have a name for her?" Amelia ask as we get to my floor and walking towards my room.

"I do but I want to tell you, mer and Maggie at the same time."

She nods and we enter my room where my baby is taken off me so I can get in the bed before she's given back to me.

"Can I try feeding her now?" I ask Arizona when I realise she was in the room, when I receive it and not, I quickly pull down my gown and help her latch on, being careful as I do.

"What's her name?" Maggi asks, leaning over my shoulder.

But I blank her out as I watched Arizona slip out the room.

My feelings towards her today and yesterday have changed so much, I went from crushing in her to hating her to being so thankful for her saving my baby to now I think I'm crushing on her again.

But I have to move on, I'm a mom and this baby in my arms need my attention.

"Her name is Ashlyn-rose  grace grey." I tell them as I smile at the baby.

"That's a long name." Maggie laughs.

"Grace is her middle name, and her nickname is ash so it's not that long." I shrug.

"It's a lovely name," mer says as she kisses my head.

:::::::::
Not proof read
1232 words