At Night

(A Couple Hours Of Time Skip)

y/n POV
I was in my room, in my bed, getting ready for sleep. More specifically getting ready to see Nightmare again. Because there was no escape from him. I knew I was gonna see him in my dream, that was gonna turn into a Nightmare because of him.

But this time I wasn't gonna be terrified by the sight of him. I'm strong. I know that. All I need is to be stronger, emotionally.

Tonight, instead of being scared I was gonna build up all my courage to stand up for myself. Instead of Nightmare questioning me, I was gonna be questioning him.

"You're strong, there's no reason to be afraid, you can handle this." I told myself.

Then I drifted off to sleep.

As usual I was in an endless, black, dark void that would be scary but not this time. Then I saw Nightmare. He looked at me with those bloody red eyes that gave me chills but I wasn't gonna be scared like last time.

I took a deep breath and said

y/n
Why won't you leave me alone? Why can't you just let me be? Is there nowhere else for you to go?

Nightmare
Thought you'd never ask.

Said Nightmare. In his usual calm yet scary tone.

Nightmare
Since you're curious, let me show you...

And when he said that we were in a place that was unlike anything I've ever seen before.
There was cliff islands that were miles above the ground. They were so high up that looking down from one you couldn't see the the ground. The cliff islands came in different sizes. We were standing on one of the medium sized cliff islands.
There was rope bridges connecting the cliff islands. They didn't look safe at all. There was rotten wood pieces on the bridges and some wood pieces had fallen off, the ropes looked like they were about to break.
But the scariest part was everything was covered in blood and there was fire and flames everywhere that created red smoke and fog that made seeing difficult, even for a god, it was hard to see.

I was scared. But I wasn't gonna let fear control me. I tried to look and sound okay.

y/n
Where are we?

I said in a shaky voice.

Nightmare
Welcome to hell kid. Let me give you a little tour. As you can see there are cliff islands, rope bridges, blood, fire, flames. But the best part is there are voices and they scream occasionally.

Soon after he said that we heard "HELP!" "BLOOD!" "KILL!" and some more screams that I couldn't tell what they were saying.
They were coming from the ground that we couldn't see.

Nightmare
This is where all the dead creatures go and stay forever. Mortal beings stay in the bottom of hell. They have to stay on the ground forever. But since I'm a god I'm above all creatures so I'm at the top off hell and I'm on hell's cliffs.
But I have the option to either stay here or in your mind or both. And since staying here is no fun I chose to stay in your mind.
Since I'm the first god ever to die, I'm staying at the best part of hell all alone which is no fun because chasing someone here would be very nice. Wish I could do that.

y/n
Why would you want to do that?

Nightmare
Chasing someone is very fun y'know. Oh wait how will you know? Let me tell you how.
When us gods are bored we like to chase our victim for fun to kill them. Killing them after a chase feels more rewarding and way nicer.
Seeing the fear on their face is so rewarding. I love when humans are scared. Since gods don't really get scared, except for you of course, we don't get to experience fear and since we can't experience it we can't see it. Which means the only way for us to see fear is to give it to humans.

The Voices
HELP! WE'RE SCARED! HELP!

Nightmare
No matter how long humans stay here they're still afraid. They can't get used to staying here. They should though, they're gonna be staying here forever.

Now I was terrified. I've seen hell, heard the voices and what gods did. It all scared me. I couldn't hold it anymore, I began crying.

The moment I began crying I woke up.