5- Explanation

By @mochomocho1020 on Twitter is what I was brought to. I love Irida's design too. She looks so cute.

"So... I really want to know your situation. Your brother's in the same situation too, right?" I looked and sighed. "It's hard to explain. Especially since I can't really prove it well with you. But..." I sighed and got my switch. I showed her the news articles and she looked.

"What does this say?" "Hm? Oh shoot! It's in Japanese!" I panicked and changed the language to English. I play games in other languages to learn them and smiled. Pokémon is always in English since I understand it second best, next to Japanese.

"Oh, now I can read it." She was surprised and I nodded. "Yeah... to put it simply... this world is supposed to be nothing but a game to us. I am happy I'm here. I'm not too certain with how Murata feels about it..." I sighed and she read it.

"Ah! It changed!" I looked and our game was discovered. I sighed and nodded. "Yep... there it is...." I sighed and she looked. "I wanted to avoid saying it altogether because... well, we scared N when we told him and it's not something we can simply explain." I sighed and she looked. "So... our game is supposed to be called Legends Arceus? Who is Arceus?" "Oh, Arceus is known as the god of all Pokémon." She was surprised and I sighed.

"Sometimes I still feel like this is just a strange dream but by Kleavor cutting my arm, I realize completely that this is our lives right now." She gave the switch back to me and spoke.

"So... you know nothing about us?" "Nothing besides what you've told us. The game just released when we fell into this world and we were thrown in here. I never looked to spoilers because I wanted to have a completely new experience." I sighed and put the switch aside. The four nudged me and I pet them.

"You must really want to go home, right?" "Not really. Being here, I've gotten really happy and... everyone's just so much nicer to us than our home." She was confused and I sighed.

"My dad and stepmom are obsessed with having a perfect image, both family-wise and the way we present ourselves... They forced people to forget Murata is my brother because he broke out of their control and exposed them. However, they paid people to remove those articles.. And they've kept me so close to them while making me do what they want. I don't like doing it but my stepmom had married into the family and my parents then got really controlling. Being here and being with Murata is the happiest I really am." I sighed and smiled as I scratched Eevee's chin. She smiled and purred. I pet her as I smiled and looked at her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to dump that all on you. I should've just said they're way too controlling." She seemed sad and spoke. "You're forced to do something you don't like?" "Only when we're home in my world. Here, I can relax and forget most of my problems. Especially with these four." They smiled and I pet them. They were happy and cuddled. I smiled and hugged them.

"I... can't imagine doing something I hate... How long have you been forced to do it?" "12 years. Every since she married into the family when I was 7." I sighed and she was surprised. "That's a long time..." I nodded and sighed. "Yeah, it is. Murata was 10 at the time, and when he turned 16, he ran from home and temporarily told the truth about them." She was nervous before she hugged me.

"Huh? Irida?" I was confused and she mumbled. "That's terrible... I can't even begin to imagine how you've felt the whole time..." I looked and nervously hugged back. "I've turned to whatever reminded me of being a child if I didn't still love them. I've always loved these games so it's why I always stuck with it." She nodded and smiled.

"Well I really hope you are happy here..." I smiled and nodded as we backed up. "Of course I am. And... I now realize that most of the people I used to see as friends are now just making fun of me and calling it a joke... You've treated me better than they have and we've only known each other for a day..." I sighed and she smiled. "Then I'll be your friend while you're here." I looked and smiled.