20- Murata

"You're curious what the nightmare was, right?" "Well yeah, but like Adaman said, if you don't want to tell me, then don't." I smiled and sighed. "If anything, I just don't want to say it with other people around..." I sighed and she nodded. "Just... what is it about? You don't have to tell me everything." I smiled and spoke. "It'll probably make you more curious if I just say it." "Well, let's try then." She smiled and I sighed.

"It was about my mother... and how she died." Eevee looked at me and whined. She cuddled with me and whimpered. I looked and smiled as I picked her up.

"It's okay Eevee. I should... still try to get over it." She whined and Mai spoke. "You.. aren't wrong with what you said..." I smiled and got up as I held Eevee. She looked and I smiled.

"I can tell you. I heard a good way of coping with trauma is telling others." She looked before speaking. "Alright then. If you'll be comfortable." I smiled and Munchlax followed us along with the others.

"We're far enough. Adaman will be concerned if we take too long, so are you sure?" "Yeah, I don't mind if it could help. I've... kinda suppressed this from Murata anyways, so I should try getting myself to tell him too. He knows about it, but I've had him think I've gotten over it." She nodded and we walked a bit into the forest.

"So what happened?" "Well... there's these things called cars in my world. It's just another way of transportation." She nodded and I held Eevee. I pet her as I spoke and she waited in my arms to comfort me.

"These cars aren't the safest thing. They're made of metal and glass to put it simply. And... one time, I don't remember what we were doing, but mother and I were in a car together. Our driver tried to get away, but another driver was drunk. I told mother about it when I saw it getting closer and..." I trailed off as tears flooded my eyes before running down my cheeks. She stared and Eevee whined. She moved and got on my shoulder before nuzzling me and used her tail to wipe my tears.

"Eevee..." I mumbled and she whimpered a bit. I smiled and pet her. "It's okay." Mai sighed and pat my head. "Are you sure you're okay? We can just go back to the settlement now." "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry. Besides, it's not too much more." She nodded and sighed.

"If you say so..." I smiled and spoke.

"But, when I told mother about it, her first instinct was to protect me. She wasn't stabbed anywhere vital, but... well, she lost a lot of blood... Murata and the others have comforted me how they could and assured me her death wasn't my fault, but it still just hurts to remember..." I sighed and she nodded.

"And... she died from the blood loss?" "Yeah... I really don't remember what happened after that, but I do know I woke up in a hospital without her and then we held a funeral for her. It was closed casket, for the obvious reason that they didn't want the children seeing her cut up corpse." I sighed and she nodded. She hugged me and sighed. "Sorry for making you tell me." "Oh it's okay! As I said, I want to get over it... or at least just not cry whenever she's mentioned. So... I'm willing to try almost anything." She nodded and smiled.

"Let's go back before Adaman worries." I nodded and smiled. I still held Eevee tightly and she just made sure she'd be fine. She cuddled with me and I smiled.

I calmed down and smiled. "You're amazing Eevee. I'm grateful for you six..." They nodded and smiled.

"Oh, There you two are." Adaman smiled and spoke. "Ah, you were crying? Did Mai make you tell her what the nightmare was?" "No, not at all. I offered to tell her. I'm still just pained remembering it." He nodded and sighed. Eevee moved to my shoulder and he hugged me. I looked as I blushed and he sighed.

"Are you and the six done with breakfast?" We all nodded and he smiled. "Then let's get you to Murata. He'll do a better job keeping you happy." "Right. Thanks Adaman." Leafeon and Eevee joined us.