EIGHT

§ CHAPTER EIGHT §

“They Say Words Hold Power Over Actions But With The Right Action You Can Shatter Someone better than a word can ”

- Author

21st December 1991 - 4:00pm

PEOPLE WERE RUSHING to get dressed, screeching about their hair or whatever. Finally, came the day where it would be the Yule Ball, a well awaited event.

But Astrea wouldn't turn up as herself. She told her friends she wasn't feeling well before going to the bathroom. There, she set to embroidering patterns and sewing on bits and bobs to make her dress unique. She had told Lord Slytherin, her supposed husband, to be wearing black so hopefully they'd match.

Her dress was a blue dress, starting with the darkest blue fading to white. The bodice a sparkly material which she'd wear with a white corset on top of it. It was a pretty dress. One Astrea was proud of and it would suit Aurelia's white-ish blonde hair.

She had also told her "husband" To wait outside the ballroom for her as she'd arrive slightly late.

21st December 1991 - 6:00pm

Everyone waited silently as they awaited Lord and Lady Slytherin's arrival. As Wizarding Royalty, they were expected to start the ball of. However it was five minutes in yet there was no sign of either of them.

"Lord Slytherin, if your wife does not hurry we'll have to start the ball with her ", Dumbledore said.

" Give her another minute ", The Lord replied.

Come on Aurelia, where are you?

And as if by magic, his prayers were answered as Aurelia finally arrived.

" Sorry for being late, it took me sometime to retrieve the family jewels ", She said as she placed a crown on his head," Let the ball commence ".

The great hall was a sight to see with its festive decor. At first it started with Aurelia and Damien dancing in the middle of the room, then the Triwizard Champions followed – minus Astrea and soon the whole hall was filled with people dancing, a very lively scene. But a scene to rejoice at, no one was made fun of for having two left feet nor did people judge others clothing ehm weasel ehm, All people simply wanted to do was have fun with the people they had known even if they only knew each other for a few weeks.

But sadly, even after taking long to commence, the ball was over and people were making their way up to their rooms ready to fall into the comfort of the beds that awaited.

Aurelia was about to go before someone grabbed her wrist. She turned to see it was him.

"I wish I knew where you so often dissappear to though I suppose you won't tell ", He said sadly – well as sad as a Psychotic murderer could be," Why don't we go to my place? There'll be no one there to disturb us ".

Shit. She needed to get away. Merlin knows what he was planning.

" Oh I'm sorry I'll have to reject your offer, I'm simply not ready yet ", She said," Farewell ".

And she walked - cough ran cough - away before he could object.

There's something off about her... And he'd find out what.

7th March 1992 - 9:00am

Everyone was excited that day. It was the day of the second task, but Astrea needn't worry. She knew what all three tasks were but she dreaded the last. At least Cedric wouldn't die. Although she had nothing to worry about, her grades being the best in the school, she couldn't help but be on edge.

Their group no longer trusted Nicholas, afraid he was a spy and despite the boys protest, the girls stayed well away. In fact they became friends with Aderian, and albeit he was a Lestrange, it had been known he had been disowned for refusal to join the dark side.

He claimed he wanted nothing to do with Voldemort and all was well and thriving in the group.

Except from one enemy : Jealousy.

Jealousy strikes the hearts of those of desperation. Jealousy contorts its victims minds, and preys on anger. Jealousy makes people do stupid things, things their minds aren't in control of – because their contorted minds are set on revenge. One who succumbs to Jealousy ; He is not a strong man.

Jealousy's new and latest victim is the hurting mind of Nicholas Black. One reeling with thoughts of betrayal by ones so dearly close.

People often wondered why on earth did Tom Riddle never have friends? Companions at least. No. He was strong. He would not succumb to Jealousy. Close ones are the ones whose betrayal stings the most.

He did not want this. So he isolated himself. His prime focus on education. Because if his mother couldn't have a good life, he would.

The bitter cold air viciously whipped the faces of those in the stands glancing at the champions.

Astrea was nervous. She didn't have gillyweed this time. And when the whistle would blow she'd be expected to jump. But before it was time to begin, Nicholas weaved in and out of people before he reached her.

"I noticed how nervous you looked and thought maybe you don't have anything to help you so I snuck this out of Snapes Cupboard ", He said gingerly.

She warily took it smiling slightly," Don't think this means I forgive you ".

And before he could respond, the whistle blew.

She shoved the gillyweed inside her mouth chewing as she jumped into the ocean before her.

But instead of growing gills, she felt a pressing weight drag her down and down till the water was so murky she couldn't see. Damn you, Nicholas Black.

She was going to die. Just as she was accepting her fate she heard a voice.

"Open your eyes, your majesty ", She did as she was told only to be met with a mermaid. Maybe a siren. All she knew was that this creature looked dangerous ;Her long crooked nails that lay atop smooth hands ; Her razor sharp teeth that lay behind a pearly white smile.

" Have you forgotten you can breathe underwater, your majesty? ", The creature asked," You may have travelled back in time but we still remember you. Come lets go, your mundane companions await you".

So she let this creature pull her along and they were met with Candice and two other girls, one being Cho , the other being Fleur's sister.

They were then met by Victor who untangled Cho and swam away as Astrea started untying both girls. From what happened last time, she had a feeling Fleur wouldn't make it this time either.

So she swam upwards, none of the mermaids stopping her, and was met by Colette when she got out. Fleur was overjoyed that Astrea had saved Gabrielle, her sister and hugged the red head enthusiastically. And despite coming Second place, although she had technically saved two people but nonetheless saved them after the time limit, Slytherin's hosted a party in her honour which lasted till midnight.

All was well, for now at least.