NINE

§ CHAPTER NINE §

" Amici tui pessimi hostibus "

-Author

31st July 1992 - 7:00am

ASTREA WAS currently sat in the common room reading a book by her favourite muggle author, Sarah. J Maas. It was a series of books but the one she was currently reading was called Crown of Midnight, her favourite.

Today marked her "12th " birthday that was actually her 18th. She'd have to ask Death if she no longer had the trace on her. She hoped not. But also that day marked, the last and final task.

"-Remember, we must be discreet- ", She heard Colette say to Aderian until they saw her staring at them.

" Be discreet? About what? ", Then a look of fake terror seized her face," Don't tell me you guys are going to have s- ".

" SHHHH! ", Colette said as she covered Astrea's mouth with her hand.

"Iwillbiteyouifyoudontmoveyourhand", She said before biting Colettes hand.

"Ow! ", Colette said snatching her hand away looking at the triumphant glee on Astrea's face.

" I did warn you ", Astrea shrugged.

Colette simply glared at her while rubbing her hand.

" Anyways ", Aderian said to break the silence," We were talking about how we were going to scare Leslie, but you ruined it ", He said pointing to the slytherin looking at them.

" Why on earth would you sneak up on him of all people! ", Astrea asked.

" Why not? ", He replied nervously.

Astrea had her suspicions but that was until Colette handed her a pouch.

" What's this for, Cauliflower? ", She asked the girl.

" I think, you should go to Hogsmeade and get yourself something, after all, you always treat us so now we're treating you! ".

Astrea was practically pushed out of the common room and before she could question her friends weirdness, the door had shut.

Shrugging it off, Astrea walked down the stairs, through the corridors and joined the line of individuals waiting with slips to go to Hogwarts. She had not gone home in any of the school breaks, because she was afraid of what the Dursleys would think, still she'd need to go visit them sometime.

In Hogsmeade, Astrea went to Honeydukes first to stock up on sweets, the exploding bonbons were her favourite. She then went to Florence's Fanatical supplies as she had run out of quills and ink. She also bought a self-correcting quill for Aderian who often need help with grammar mistakes et cetera. She decided she'd also buy something for Colette and Candice which she got from Madame Dollies. She bought Candice a necklace with a butterfly, one which Astrea knew the girl had so wanted. And for Colette she bought a pair of satin laced gloves and a pair of pearly earrings.