THE CAVALRY BATTLE

All the different courses students were all closing lines up together at the starting point, waiting for the green light to start the race. The non-hero course students were feeling uneasy now that the sports festival was about to begin. Since this was many of their biggest chances to have their skills recognized. But it was the same for the hero course students as well. If the majority of them were brimming with confidence, As quite a few of them had already come up with plans to rush ahead of everyone else in this race. And then each one of them had heard the sound of midnight shouting the start of the 1st course of this year's sports festival.

Midnight: START!!

And just like that, every single student started running and stepping over each other trying To get this race underway. However, the majority of them were halted by the 2 Todoroki twins. Who immediately froze the whole tunnel, Trapping most of the other participants while they advanced.

-owww! What the?

-It's freezing over! I can't move!

-so cold.

Present Mic: WOW FOLKS, IT SEEMS LIKE THE TODOROKI TWINS ALREADY TAKEN THE LEAD! FREEZING AND TRAPPING THE OTHERS. WHAT FIERCE POWER!

The 2 twins were confident that they had the advantage as did most of the crowd. However just then Eraserhead had begun to point through the monitor something that present mic had seemed to miss.

Aizawa: you might want to check again, someone else is about to take the lead.

Everyone didn't understand what he was getting at. Until the cameras had pointed Back to the twins, more specifically their shadows. Shoto What's the 1st to notice, His sister's shadow began to look as if it was growing bigger and was sprouting something.

Shoto: Shoka look behind you!

As shoka wasn't quite sure what her brother was getting at, But just then a certain figure had somehow managed to pop up from behind her. She didn't get a good look at who it was until they stepped over her head and leaped their way ahead of her and her shoto. Then she saw clearly who it was, It was her crush izuku. To no one's knowledge, izuku had hidden in her shadow to get ahead of everyone else. Because he sensed based on her ki that she was going to freeze in the hallway.

Present Mic: UNBELIEVABLE! IT'S IZUKU! THE DARK HORSE OF CLASS 1A. HOW DID HE GET HERE?!

Shoka: IZUKU!!

Shoto: "dammit how did I not notice"

But they weren't the only ones that were right behind our protagonist. A couple of more members of class 1a and bakugo also managed to avoid the ice. And we're right in their tail.

Bakugo: You danm deku! Peppermint twins! Get back here.

Momo: don't think you've already won izuku!

Kirishima: sorry bro, but I'm not letting you get ahead!

Izuku didn't even bother looking back at them, his focus was on just finishing the race. However, he had to push himself a little hard than usual. As he started to remember a conversation he had with his master the day after their fight.

FLASHBACK

Kaori: izuku, before we continue with your training again. There's something important we have to discuss.

Izuku: what is it, master?

Kaori: as you already know, those who don't possess the ability to use chi are most defenseless against someone who does. Even the most experienced heroes.

Izuku: so what you're saying is...

Kaori: I'm saying that for the entire sports festival, you're not allowed to use your chi.