Chapter 3: Gender Reveal!

It's been a couple of days since Daniel has started school and joined the Host Club. It was exhausting, to say the least. Schoolwork itself wasn't as bad as he thought, it was the Host Club that tired him out. Practically everyone in that club had enough energy as if sleep didn't exist. One thing is for sure that it certainly drained his energy.

The only good part is that now he knows someone who has dealt with them before, who is also a commoner like him. Haruhi has been a great help with adjusting to his life at Ouran, though if Haruhi was there, the twins were close behind. There was nothing wrong with the twins, not really. Except for their teasing and comments about him and... Coffee? Apparently, the Host Club was obsessed with Commoner's coffee thanks to Haruhi when it was her first day being part of the Host Club.

He got to learn that Haruhi didn't have a choice about joining the club either, though her predicament seemed to be worse than his since she broke something that got her into debt to the Host Club. How much she owes them nearly made him cough up his drink when they ate lunch together.

The more he got to know Haruhi he realized she was a girl, he didn't say anything about it. It just added to their similarities. He was sure Haruhi could tell he was a guy so he felt more comfortable around her. He found out through subtly things, her eyes, her features, they all screamed; 'I'm A Girl!'. There was a chance Haruhi was trans but he knew that type of topic can be difficult to talk about.

"So, Haruhi, how do you handle being around the Host Club? Specifically certain characters if you know who I mean?" Daniel asked her before taking another bite of his beef ramen as he looked at Haruhi, waiting for her answer.

"Well, I just try my best to ignore them, that's all you can do. Just focus on the task at hand and ignore everything else not important." Haruhi told him.

"What if your patience is not good?"

"Then, you're screwed," Haruhi replied making Daniel groan. "It's not all that bad, it can be amusing sometimes, like watching Tamaki and the twins fight about stuff," Haruhi told him, making him hum in response as he kept eating.

"There you two are! We've been looking for you." The twins said when they entered the classroom.

"Why? We're eating lunch." Daniel told them about to take another bite before his food was taken away. "Hey!" He exclaimed when his lunch was boxed up.

"There's an emergency club meeting going on, let's go!" They told the two commoners, grabbing onto their arms and dragging them off to the club.

When the four got to the club the other members were already there. "Oh, great, you found them! Now, this is very important news!" Tamaki started as the others took seats in the music room.

Daniel just started tuning the blonde out as he got back his lunch and started eating, not caring if it was rude or not. Lunch was lunch and by god, he's going to finish his lunch. The 'important' meeting didn't conclude until lunch was over which had Daniel listening to the final part of this news Tamaki had shared.

"Now, remember! Friday, be prepared to go out and impress everyone! I'll see you all there!" Tamaki said as everyone started heading to class.

Once they were far enough away from the blonde he decided to ask. "So, what's happening Friday?" Daniel asked Haruhi before the twins butted in.

"You weren't listening?" The two asked in sync before continuing separately.

"There's this club fair where every club is gathered together so that students can see what each club is about and if they are willing to join."