Chapter 22: Big News

Daniel flipped through one of his books while laying on his bed. It was a regular Saturday and he already finished homework. It was nice to get some peace and quiet on the weekends. They usually didn't last long due to his friends calling him up to hang out like they used to.

He let out a sigh blowing a strand of hair from his face before deciding to get up and find something to eat. He headed down and saw a note from his mom telling him she'd be back soon. He made a face at the note.

Lately his mom has been going to the doctor more often and it was a bit worrying, but she just kept saying she was fine. He's certain she didn't get a job as a nurse, it's just not something he can see her doing that's not her art work.

Letting out a sigh he placed the note back and opened the fridge. After scrounging through the fridge he just made a simple turkey and cheese sandwich. He doesn't dare try to toast the bread first though. He'd probably set the kitchen on fire.

When his mom came back she looked excited. "Daniel, you're still here, good good. I mean where would you go other than your room?" She said rambling a bit as she went over putting her purse on the kitchen table. "I have some news I'm ready to share with you." She told him making him perk up.

"Is it related to you going to the hospital a lot lately?" Daniel asked her making her nod smiling brightly.

She took out a folder and held it out for Daniel to take. Curious, Daniel took and opened the folder seeing ultra sound pictures. "You're having a little sibling!" He heard his mom tell him happily, excited about it.

Daniel meanwhile is in shock as he stared at the photos. "W-wow." He responded as she took the folder back.

"Wow indeed!" She said hugging the folder to her chest and started talking about making dinner to celebrate with them, but Daniel was still processing the fact he was going to be a big brother.

Even at school his mind was somewhere else, thinking about how he's not going to be an only child anymore. Everything else was a blur and he was on autopilot.

"He's been like this for days, it's concerning." The twins said as the hosts were watching Daniel spilling tea while staring off into space.

"He's ruining perfectly good table cloths that'll have to be sent to the cleaners." Kyoya responded typing on his computer.

"Haruhi, you're the closest to him, find out what's bothering him." Tamaki told her.

"What, why me?" She asked before sighing and walking over to Daniel. "Hey, you alright?" She asked him when she placed a hand on his shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"What? Oh... Oh shit!" Daniel exclaimed when he saw the cup was beyond over flowing as he placed the tea pot down. "I'm fine, I'm fine." He said but it wasn't convincing.

"You've been staring off into space quite a bit, are you sure you're alright?" She asked softly as Daniel was trying to clean his mess.

He stopped a bit before looking away a bit. "You don't have siblings, right?" He asked her.

"Uh, no?" She asked raising a brow. "Why?" She asked him.

Daniel messed with the cloth he was using to dry up the tea. "My mom's pregnant."

Haruhi's eyes widened. "Oh, congratulations, that's great news, isn't it?" She told him.

"Yeah, I mean, I guess. I don't know. I'm still processing." He told her looking away. "Am I even going to be a good brother?" He asked softly.

Haruhi looked at him her eyes softening. "You're going to be a great big brother, you have nothing to worry about." She assured him making him smile a bit but he wasn't really convinced.