Chapter 6

The whole elder's room was filled to the brim with people. Everyone knew what was going to happen today, and everyone wanted a taste of history.

The elders sat in a row, and had Elsa and Hiccup sit together at the center in front of them. If neither knew what was going to happen, this would have been a good clue for starters, he thought with a chuckle. Elsa, now completely calm and carting her bag of goodies, sat as serene as a silent pond. Hiccup's one good leg, on the other hand, was bouncing like a storm, and his fingers kept tapping rhythms upon the wooden table.

The introduction was short and to the point, and basically said that they had decided that Hiccup's best match in the interest of the tribe was to marry Queen Elsa. The crowd went wild, and Ophelia was jumping with joy.

"Can I be the flower girl? Aunt Elsa is getting married!" She cried, and Elsa sent her a weak smile. Hiccup was the first he asked if he was willing to go through with this, for the people the added, in case they needed to guilt him into it. He calmly said that they should politely ask the lady's opinion first, which Elsa looked a little surprise at. Was she really that surprised he could be a gentleman? Well, in comparison to the other villagers, perhaps he surprise was expected.

"I do, but I have something to tell you all." Elsa looked genuinely concerned, and for a moment, Hiccup was sure she was going to tell everyone about the portals. He shot her a wild look, "I'm a Queen, yes, but there really is nothing to govern over. I believe that a dowry would be in your interests, but that cannot be made by Arendelle." Everyone seemed to hold their breath, although Hiccup most of all.

"Do explain." The eldest elder asked.

"Two weeks ago, my kingdom was attacked. Burned to the ground, reduced to rubble. Everyone and everything was destroyed. I escaped with my life and Ophelia's, but we were gravely injured by the attackers, and collapsed in the cave where we lost them." She glanced at Hiccup, and for a moment he was very confused and afraid when he saw love in her eyes, "I think it was fate that brought me here, brought me to Hiccup." She laid a hand across his, and he had the instinct to jerk it away.

But he realized her ploy, because the whole room was melting into her story, and the elders looked very much convinced. She had used the sympathy card in every way she could. She was good.

He looked back at Ophelia, who looked confused, but was intelligent enough to not say that she was lying or anything. Elsa pulled the bag onto the table.

"I managed to steal these away before everything was destroyed. I had hoped to pawn them off, but I think that you may very well have use for them. And it may be more than you were expecting, but you can keep all of it." The clatter of the jewels silenced the room. The elders were looking like they had won the biggest dragon in the bunch. While it wasn't the political tie they wanted, it now had made their city rich, and they finally had someone to give him an heir.

Elsa continued, "I hope that one day, for my kindness to this, our sons or daughters will be able to reclaim my home, because my loyalty to my once country will never die, but I'm sure I will come to love Berk as my new home and place to make and raise a family."

Hiccup felt his face turn red. What was with all the talk of heir making today? Sure he knew that was a huge factor of this, but it didn't make him feel disgusted, just uncomfortable…as in he had lied to Camacazi and his body found her attractive in a feral sort of way, that he was having a harder and harder time controlling.

But now, he supposed, this was his fiancée and that was to be expected.

The meeting was a short meeting, just for the purpose of establishing the beginning of this marriage, so Hiccup and Elsa were left to walk back to the house. Hiccup knew the rules- now that he was to be married, he'd have to make them a marriage house, and one that wasn't the one he grew up in. He realized it was for the best, as it would be undeniably awkward to have his mother still living in the same house when he was married, but he didn't want to leave his mother all alone. Of course Cloudjumper would be there, but a dragon- although the best companion a boy could wish for- wasn't the same as another human.