Chapter 25

"So it is true! You do have a magical square box that can hold songs. Magnificent." Cyril said, examining the object- that he knew very well was an iPod in his fingers- pretending to be in awe.

The man, a pitiful soul that had dropped here from the year 2008, hadn't given them any trouble until he started going around, waving this thing in people's faces, claiming he could rebuild and replicate the 'magical' device.

"Did you think I lied?" The man said, examining the walls of the castle, "So will the queen see me? Do you think she'll endorse my plan?" he prompted, his eyes greedily following everything. Cyril didn't really feel about what he had to do; this guy was a rat.

"Of course, oops, I'm clumsy." He said, letting the device slip from his fingers.

"It's fine and hey! What are you doing?" The guy rushed forward as Cyril took his boot and stomped down hard.

"I told you, I'm clumsy." He said as he brought his foot back up and down countless times, as the guy watched in horror as the tiny device was destroyed beyond recognition.

"What the hell?" He exploded, "That was mine! I was going to make millions off that!" He cried.

"Really, who would buy it. And, remind me, your name wasn't Steve Jobs, was it?"

"No it's Darren and-,"

"Then you're really not in any position to be making money off it. Too bad, if you'd just kept it to yourself and not done something so utterly time changing, you could have kept it- your iPod displaying your unfortunate music tastes."

"My music tastes are great." Darren grumbled.

"Really? Nickleback? Jonas Brothers?" He prompted, and waved his hand, "You're free to go."

"Just like that? You're going to pay me back! That thing was at least worth 700 dollar with all the songs on there!"

"Oh, you're funny." Cyril gave a short, stunted laugh, "Guards?" He called and Darren was dragged away. Cyril was in the process of sweeping the ipod into a bag as proof that he'd taken care of the jumper, when Aldrich rushed in.

"We found another portal!" He said, sounding out of breath, "Dante and Osanna are watching it now." He said, pointing outside.

"Portal?" Anna popped her head in,

"You have impeccable hearing, my queen." Aldrich said, smiling.

"I was just walking by, but this is wonderful!" Just like every time, her eyes shone with hope. After ten years, Aldrich was surprised that the little flame never burned out, not ever, not once. She, at each time they heard of a portal, never lost the thought that it would lead her to her sister.

"Should I get Kristoff and Astrid?" She asked.

"No time. Who knows how long it's been open! Come, this might be the one!" He said gleefully, and Anna sent a quick note via a maid, grabbed her fall jacket, and rushed out the door with her friends.

At the site of the portal, the pair of children sat, throwing rocks into the vortex.

"Wonder if it's raining rocks on someone's head." Dante giggled, and Osanna smiled beneath her fingers.

"It's raining rocks!" She added, and they looked at each other, and then looked away to throw more rocks.

"Depending on where it is, they might think it's the end of the world or a god intervening somehow." Dante shrugged.

"Or it opens just onto a ground, and there will be a mysterious circle of rocks one this thing is gone." Osanna pointed out, "And the people will worship it."