Chapter 1 Start of Hunter Exam Arc

"Help!"

A voice scream out far from the city, but close to the people travelling among the woods, alerting those same people close by a wooden hut. Startled at this, they took a moment to register what they had just heard until a tiny girl, wearing a dirty red colored cloak over her shoulders opened the door of the hut.

Eyes widening at the three newcomers, her eyes once filled with terror, lighten up in hope at their presence. She shouted over to them, stumbling at her bare foot, "Please! Help!" She shouted over them in a hurry.

Now recognizing an emergency situation, all of them ran towards the girl, "Are you alright?!" They had asked the girl, worry lacing through their voice.

They saw the girl tremble in her feet, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks. She shook her head rapidly, clenching at the closest person in her side which was a man in a tabard with a blonde hair, "N-No. Please, please help mama and papa!" She beg at the three men who came over her.

The blonde haired man close to her stilled, but soon after regaining his calm, he wrap his arms protectively at the trembling little girl. A gesture to comfort her to which the girl took gratefully.

Quickly after, the tallest of the three opened the door, his eyes widening at the scene before him.

Inside the house was a total mess as if a muder scene happened right out of it. The floor were full of blood trails and shattered glass from the broken window in front of them were scattered about. And with the moon light from that same broken window, were of three individuals present.

One is a man bearing a bloody wound at his abdomen knock out by the floor. The second was a woman hanging by the air, getting chocked at the tight gripped hand from the third individual not identified as a human, but a-

"A Kiriko!" The blonde man quickly recognize the yellow monster respondible at what have happened peior their entry. He instinctively pulled the young girl in his own embrace terrified of what had occurred at the short time that had happened and will happen if they never appeared.

The Kiriko let out a wicked smile at the group, carrying the woman in his arm to which they had identified quickly right after the cry of the little girl beside them, "Mama!" The woman turn at the young girl in tears.

The little girl tried to pry herself from the blonde man in order to ran towards her mother, but was halted by the same man. "Don't!" He warned her.

"Dear!" The woman yelled, her eyes filled with fear and worry for her and her family's safety.

"No! Mama!" The young girl cried out, still being held by the male, her small hands failing around to helplessly grab her mother's hand. Her wailing only increased when the monster hop and went into the dark forest with her mother still in its arm. Unknown of what the monster will do to her dear mother.

"No! No! No! Mama! MAMA!" She panicked at the hand of the man still embracing her in attempt to calm her cries.

"I'm going after them!" The green cladded boy quickly took out his bag and ran towards the broken window where the Kiriko exited.

"Wait! Gon!" The same blonde clicked his tongue. And as if finishing an entire monologue inside of his head to what he should do, he reluctantly pushed the crying girl towards Leorio, deciding of what action he'll take for the best, "Take care of these two Leorio! I'll go after them!" Saying, he threw his sling bag into the ground and ran towards the forest.

The little girl, stunned at seeing the horror of her mother getting kidnapped by the horrible monster right before her eyes snapped at once after roaming her eyes to see her father who could only provide her comfort as her remaining family. She cried as she crawled her way towards her father, fumbling at his clothes as she sob.