Chapter 9 Zevil Island

After hitting the time limit of their 50 hour long imprisonment inside the tiny room of trick tower. The group could finally continue on to pass the obstacles within their way to reach the finish line.

However, the thought of finishing the third phase with all of them together was shattered when once again, the examiner had announced to the group that Freyja must proceed to the finish line alone.

Quite saddened, they all bid Freyja farewell as she went back to the path she originally came through, right across the room they were confined in, while the others walk back to the right side of the path where they came from.

"And I thought we would be going with Freyja together..." Gon said in dismay.

"Can't be helped. If only Freyja had dropped herself in the same room as us and not the backstabbing old man, then things would be different." Killua said, unbothered by his digging words to their forgotten fifth member.

"There's no crying from spilled milk. Let's all hurry to the finish line and meet with Freyja at the goal." Kurapika told them, which lightened Gon's previous gloom.

With a positive determination, they continued on their path, only to have spent an hour to return back to where they started from.

.

.

.

.

.

After 5 more difficult questions Freyja was able to guess correctly, the same door made of stone finally opened to the goal where other participants had been waiting for.

With a quick swift of her eyes and nose, she analyzed the people she might possibly fight for whatever next phase to come. It was another second later when she realized the others were not present in the room.

She looked at her watch. There were 30 minutes left.

'Where are they?' She had thought in worry.

.

.

.

.

.

With only a minute away from the time out, Freyja's mini panic attack has finally calmed down when a door opened for Gon, Killua and Kurapika to step out from behind the door.

They look like a mess.

Right after them was Leorio and Tonpa.

With a small smile, she went to greet them.

Based from Gon's enthusiastic story-

It seems like they had quite an adventure...

.

.

.

.

.

"To decide who will hunt and who will be hunted."

'To decide who's the prey and who's the predator. I see.' Freyja nods at her thought.

She walked forward to take a tag in the ballot when it was her turn. She took a glance in it, only to go back, dejected at a blank plank with a paper covering the number in it.

When given the 'Go' sign to remove the sticker, a number she had never seen before laid before her.

She squinted her eyes. 'Whose number is this?'

She was sure she had carefully looked at the other competitors' tags at the brink of boredom while the examiner was explaining what they'll do minutes ago, so the number she had gotten should be at least familiar to her.