Chapter 6 Trick Tower

After a night spent inside the blimp of Hunter association, morning greeted the applicant that will soon be followed by a new test carried by the hunter exam for the day.

With the anticipation hung tight with everyone among the examinees, our red cloaked heroine have long since been waiting at one of the benches outside of the blimp's hallway for their arrival. Killua pretty much went to get Gon and ate breakfast with him, thus leaving her on her own to mull in nothingness.

She may have spend the next hour alone if it weren't for another presence she didn't expect to appear to her at that time. She turn at her sideways, and there stood one of her proclaimed big brother right from their meeting.

"Onii-san." She called out with a small mumble. Leorio wouldn't have heard her call him if it weren't the already silent hallway they were in. With how quiet the place has been, even Leorio himself wondered if she could hear his panicked clattering heart beat at his over so nervous attempt to talk with her already-adopted-in-mind younger sister.

After his small talk with Kurapika yesterday at night, Leorio couldn't sleep that much at the thought of his imouto eating up in his mind. Should he just ignore what have transpired with Killua earlier? Should he have addressed the issue right in the get go at that very moment? Or should he just forget everything that have happen and dump all his feelings over the problem he so wanted to answer?

It was the very next morning that he woke up that he had made up his own mind of what he should- would- will do for the sake of his inner turmoil to find peace and make up with his imouto even with no single clue of what he has been thinking of, the reason being he has been discretely (poorly so) avoiding the young girl.

And with the help of Killua who he had abruptly bump at a turning- was he able to find his imouto.

He opened his mouth yet his tongue curled in denial to speak, his voice unable to word what he wanted to say. Cold sweat slowly clammed his body, his body stilled as ice.

Seeing of his older brother's nervousness, a distance he kept from her in between them with the reluctance to come forward, she took a page from a book she had read once at these kinds of situation.

"Onii-san." She called out Leorio in a much louder voice than before to take his mind off whatever he was wrapped in. When Leorio turn his eyes back at her, she gave him a small smile, one that she hoped would give the smallest comfort to him.

"Have you eaten yet?" She continued as she stood up to where she was seated, "I've already eaten. They had chicken and pastas in the canteen. There were a lot of desserts there too. They taste very good, I tell you."

"Uh- I- I already did..." Leorio's shoulder were tensed.

"That's great! It would be a problem if you haven't cuz I'm sure both Gon and Killua would have wolfed down all the delicious food from the canteen!"

At the small image of both teen actually wolfing down the foods straight out of a huge plate they had pilled up with assorted food, he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of those two brats. Surely, the chef and other participants would be giving them the stinky eye once they've both cleared the foods for anyone else to help themselves into.

The red cloaked girl softly sigh in relief at seeing Leorio's shoulder finally relaxing from their tense position. He was chuckling and she marveled at the sight of his older brother's eased form.

'Yep, that's more like him. Tense and stiff body doesn't fit him, neither were his fallen crescent face is.'

She slowly breathed, "That aside, were you going to say something, Onii-san?"