Chapter 3 Mount half-in-split

A/N

An early update meant~~ that someone have been able to guess something correct last chapter! Wonder what it was~! Hmm, how curious.

This chapter was actually made longer than I've expected to make while editing the chapter out. Enjoy a long 4500+ word chapter! This may be my longest chapter I have made too since I usually carry out a minimum of 1500-1700-2000 words, sometimes exceeding just a bit over 3000.

Anyways, as promised, here's the update~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Gon and Kurapika quickly ran towards to their unconscious beat up friend lying by a tree after having to face Hisoka on their way to the second phase of exam.

It was not too long that he woke up with no memories of what have happened before he got the painful blemish in his right cheek, with no clue it was actually from Hisoka himself, the same man who had taken his unconscious self out of the foggy swamp.

Killua appeared right after them, the four person group reuniting happily. But something was off. The four couldn't quite put their finger in it, but they felt like something was a miss. Like something should be here with them, yet at the same time... not...?

It was confusing.

But clearly, they seem to have forgotten something, and neither could figure out what it was...

Their thoughts were cut off when the gate of the huge wall opened, a voice beckon them to enter.

The second phase was cooking.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The little girl didn't know how many hours she had spent venturing through the unknown foggy swamp. Only she was sure it only took her few minutes to find the next location where the second phase is to happen. I mean, who wouldn't miss a castle like building in the middle of the forest swamp?

There was a crowd forming inside the wall where kitchen utensils are laid upon by rows. Entering without catching anyone's eyes, deliberately ignoring her questions of why one of the pillar by the entrance of the gate were destroyed or why there were a mountain of bones at the stage and many dead uncooked fishes with rice in plates- surely, they weren't much important, yes?

She blindly followed the crowd, not sure if the second phase had finish and the crowds are on their way for the third phase. Feeling like a cheater of some kind in an exam, which she was in a sense. She crossed her fingers hoping they won't be able to catch her and disqualify her in the process. In the first place, how would they know if someone sneaked pass the blimp and unknowingly rejoined the exam despite after they had been disqualified?

Her question would soon be answered after she had found the power behind the word, 'Nen'.

Going back to the main issue however, even if they disqualify her, she at least had fun adventuring in the swamp with many new species and herbs she had discovered that she could effectively use. Did you know there was a mushroom that could poof a poisonous deadly gas, but once sprinkled with sugar, the poof changes into a sweet smelling odor? She surely had her own part of fun for experimenting that newly kind of plant. She could use it for cooking, and who knows, maybe depending to what condiments she sprinkle in it, the taste would change to it's accordance!