Chapter 2 Swindler Swamp

A/N

Here's the people's reward from last chapter! Seems like a theory have been found closely related to our dear female lead. So as promised, I've updated the next hint as soon as possible~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours

That's how long they had been running since the first phase of the Hunter Exam have started. Few had already drop dead from fatigue, but many still remain from the main pack.

One of those remainders was a certain male whom Leorio had reprimanded from using a skateboard. The girl was watching the scene from behind them in amusement, just a few men covering her body. Gon helped the albino kid in proving that he, in no way was cheating. This gesture seems to have won the interest from the white haired boy and introduce himself to the green haired boy.

"Ore wa Killua."

"Ore wa Gon!"

Both kid seems to hit it off right after introducing themselves and both ran together. She stayed behind, keeping with her own pace to avoid tiring herself in a hurry.

While she had been living through the forest of wilderness, she was more accustomed in jumping through trees and vines. She doesn't often get the chance to run straight for hours from all the trees always in front of her unlike this straight hall- tunnel. Which only meant that she doesn't know if she would have enough stamina to keep on going if ever the exam would last for a day or two without resting.

Though, dark inside the tunnel, tall trees do also cover the forest against the sunlight. Especially at night with only a small bonfire to provide her heat and light at the territory of many predators. Tgerefore, she is more or less use to such places with no light.

And with an unknown length of place to run is not a big deal to a person who often goes on to explore an unknown forest to find new territories where foods and animals flourish.

Overall, besides the boredom from plainly running in a dark tunnel along with many men, smelling the mixtures of their body odor along with their unhygienic breath huffing through the air (to which she filtered with her makeshift mask using her handkerchief sprayed with her favorite scent of flowers), she thought nothing of her current situation, running at the tail of the hordes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Her pace went slow after seeing a familiar man wearing in suit that stand out from the rest pass by many, his body in quite a bad condition along with his breath shortening as ever. She stopped herself as soon as she recognize the man and went to his side rather than continuing to run.

His breathing is shallow and it must have been hurting his lungs, continuously burning him, specially with the tight suit he's on.

Bent down by her side, she pulled his cheeks up and met his eyes, "Onii-san, your breathing is getting nowhere."

"Hah?" Dumbstruck at the girl, he pushed her aside, "Just run and leave me be. You'll get left behind." He huffed once again, too tired to say more or even shout at this point.

Unfazed, she pulled out his necktie and unbuttoned the first two of his white shirt, worn over his black suit to help make room for his lungs. "You'll also get left behind Onii-san."