Birthday Cake

Katsuki has never had a good birthday. He couldn't remember his first four birthdays, and after 5 was spent torturing himself. It all started on his fifth birthday. His quirk had appeared, and Deku was already claimed to be quirkless. His lackeys were gonna give him a birthday present. One lackey had covered his eyes while the other got his present.

Katsuki opened his eyes to see a beat up five year old with curly green hair. His green eyes staring at Katsuki in fright as he struggled against the zip-ties that the other boys used as restraints.

"D-deku?" Katsuki was shocked. What was happening?

"We're gonna make you a birthday cake!" one of the lackey's said. Another boy brought out a bag full of cake ingredients. Katsuki stared in shock. He couldn't move. Why couldn't he move? He needs to save Deku.

"K-Kacchan?" Deku was looking at him. The blonde couldn't look away. Fingers brought out a carton of eggs, and Wings took some. He passed them out to all of the lackeys. Each one of them took turns cracking eggs into Deku's hair. Deku was crying. Katsuki should stop them, but all he could do was stare.

"Happy Birthday to you~" The boys started singing. The flour went in next. Then, a large thing of oil was emptied into the greenettes beautiful hair. Why did he let them do it? Why was he so weak?

They did that every year until middle school. Everytime, Katsuki tried to make himself move. Everytime he just stands there. Everytime he went home and stole eggs from the fridge. Looking in the mirror, he would crack them into his own hair. He needs to repent. Why did he let them do it? Now, almost eleven years later, Katsuki was turning sixteen, and everyone was downstairs putting together a wonderful party.

The birthday boy himself had isolated himself in the bathroom. A carton of eggs that he had bought earlier laying next to him. A couple of eggs missing. The blonde watched as the slimy, uncooked eggs started to make their way down his face. He deserves this. For every birthday that he allowed his lackeys to torment Deku. For every punch or explosion that he sent the boy's way. For. . . for telling him to jump.

Tears mixed in with the yolk of the eggs. The carton slowly being emptied. As Katsuki was about to break the last egg, the bathroom door burst open. He had forgotten to lock the door. The blonde stared in shock at the frozen boy in the door way.

"D-Deku?" Katsuki stuttered. No one had ever found out about his birthday ritual. He just had to forget to lock the door.

"Kacchan. . ." The greenette was staring at his egg stained hair. The yolk almost disappearing into his blonde hair, "Why?"

"I-I. . . I should have stopped them. . . I should. . . I should have done something," The blonde was crying harder. Finally getting to tell the boy how he felt. Katsuki looked back up at Izuku. The greenette was crying softly. Unusual for the very teary boy.

"Kacchan. . . You were only five. You can't be held responsible for something that hasn't happened in years."

"It went on for years! I could have done something! Every year! I tried! I tried to get myself to move! To save you. How can I call myself a hero? I couldn't even save my best friend," they were both crying hysterically now. Izuku walked over to Katsuki and took the egg that was still grasped in the blondes hand. Izuku pulled his best friend into his arms. Egg and tears falling onto his shoulder. Comforting each other. They weren't seen for the rest of the day. Izuku texting the others to party without them.

A/N: I hope you like this. I have never felt so emotional while writing my own story. I was inspired by a comic video that I saw on youtube.                                                                                               ~Lilith out