Chapter 1 (V1)

The scene opens up to the shattered moon shining over a forest somewhere in Mistral with the sounds of Beowolves growling and whimpering at the same time as slashes are heard and the black liquid from the Grimm are seen flying all over the screen as it changes to a black void and complete silence takes over.

Narrator: "Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past."

The black void disappears as it changes to a skull-masked boy wielding dual kamas and slashes a Beowulf's head off and throws the vacant kama to a Grimm far from him, killing it instantly. The black void takes over again.

Narrator: "Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness- creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm- set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void."

The black void instantly disappears, showing a close up shot of the vacant kama on the ground where a Grimm used to be. The Tang of Life and Death suddenly glows purple, revealing the contents to be Gravity Dust. The kama rises from the ground and flies back towards the boy's hands and continues his assault on the attacking Grimm. The black void takes over again.

Narrator: "However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named Dust."

The black void disappears again and reveals the boy shooting purple bullets from the Heel of his kamas at the Grimm and slowly getting killed. The black void takes over again.

Narrator: "Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life."

The black void disappears, revealing the boy settling his weapons down and standing in front of the remaining Grimm in front of him.

Narrator: "But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... Darkness will return."

The Grimm charges at the boy but a bright light suddenly surrounds the area and the screen.

Narrator: "So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called free world, but take heed... There will be no victory in strength."

The bright light disappears, showing the boy sitting in the middle of the opening in the forest, with the last of the Grimm petrified.

Ozpin: (voice) "But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

Footsteps are heard behind the boy, the screen slowly moves to reveal a boy with black hair, purple eyes, black trench coat, a black katana, and black combat boots.

Onyx: "Lapis, I finally found you, buddy. Looks like fun, you should've waited for me."

The boy, now known as Lapis, takes his mask off, revealing the black hair, silver eyes, and brown skin from underneath.

Lapis: "Onyx, what brings you here?"

Onyx walks near him and crosses his arms.

Onyx: "Mother sent me to find you and give you news."

Lapis: "What news?"

Onyx: "I forgot to tell you that your forged application was sent to Beacon, and guess what? You got in. (Chuckles) Lapis Calavera, hails from Mistral, seventeen years old and graduated from Sanctum with a good record just toned down to appear inferior from the Nikos girl. Well, most of these are legitimate info except for the school, but hey! You still forged your way in."