Chapter 11

Onyx: (unseen) "You guys are still alive, right?"

—--

The scene changes to a flashback of Onyx, Lapis, and Ebony standing outside the burning cabin.

Onyx: "Guess the memories burn down with it.

Ebony: "That is the case now. It's to increase the chances of our survival."

Lapis continues staring at the burning cabin as the flames reflect on his silver eyes.

Ebony: "Are you being all sentimental now?"

Lapis: "No. I'm just reflecting."

The crackle of the flames along with falling wood are heard.

Lapis: "I guess our lives won't take a different course?"

Ebony: "Do you want to?"

Lapis: "Not really."

Lapis brings out one of his kamas.

Lapis: "This completes me now. My life is dedicated to that now. Nothing else. Nothing else…"

Onyx: "I could say the same."

He crouches down and picks up some dirt and stares at it.

Onyx: "I grew up around this soil and these trees. I grew up swinging a sword- fighting for my life. This very place moulded who I am today. The Onyx Envidia now… But I wish they're here as well…"

Lapis: "Have you found any leads?"

Onyx: "Not yet… Everything's a dead end. You know both of us can't focus on finding them… Our purpose…"

Lapis: "Has to continue…"

Ebony: "Then continue it. Easy as that."

Onyx rolls his eyes.

Onyx: "It would, if you would join us."

Ebony: "My days of being a Huntress are over, you two know that. The both of you are continuing two different legacies."

Onyx: "We're quite aware, thank you very much. But you're still skillful! You're way better than the average huntsman and huntresses."

Ebony: "I'd rather continue my passion of being a weapon-smith. Build something better than Attrition."

Onyx: "Better than Attrition… (chuckles) Funny. I doubt you will."

Ebony: "Watch me."

Onyx: "Sure, mother."

Ebony: "Lapis departs soon. So I guess it will go how I think it is."

Lapis: "Yes."

Ebony: "I see… Place your absolute trust over each other."

Onyx: "Always."

—--

The flashback ends and reveals Onyx stabbing another Grimm dead. He wipes some of the Grimm liquid off his face as he looks more frustrated.

Onyx: "Nothing… Nothing…"

Female voice: "Brother!"

Onyx: "Huh?!"

Onyx frantically looks around and sees a girl with black hair and blue eyes and is wearing a blue hood.

Girl: "Brother!"

Onyx: "Sapphire?"

His eyes widen and lowers his sword. The girl quickly runs towards him with open arms. Onyx remains standing there and opens his arms as well.