Chapter 7

The scene opens to Lapis slowly opening the door of team LUMD and suddenly ducks down to avoid getting hit by a pillow on the face. He looks around to see his teammates sitting on their respective beds while a certain wolf Faunus has two beds joined together for herself.

Maize: "Hey, there, Boss man…"

Dandelion: "Nice room, right?"

Lapis: "You guys already made a mess here…"

Maize: "Dandelion did it!"

Dandelion: "It wasn't me!"

Lapis looked down and started pinching his forehead.

Umbra: "What took you so long? I could've been sleeping now but this armour guy keeps forcing me to stay awake."

Maize: "I have a name, Umbra, give the boss his bed back!"

Umbra: "I sleep with two beds because it's comfortable. Calavera could share with you in that small bed."

Umbra lets out a smirk as Maize looks at Lapis.

Lapis: (narrows eyes) "Don't you dare even think about it."

Maize quickly raises his hands.

Maize: "I'm not thinking of anything, mate."

Lapis shakes his head as he removes his coat and lays it down on the floor. He then lies down on the ground while leaning his head on the wall.

Maize: "Hey… Are you serious?"

Lapis: "Hmm?"

Maize: "You're not gonna fight for your bed?"

Lapis: "I don't mind, besides I'm too tired to have pointless fights right now."

Maize: "Okay… Whatever you say, Boss man."

-----

The scene changes inside a black void with a masked Lapis floating in the abyss. His mask shattered, revealing his closed eyes with his and Onyx's voice being heard in the background.

Onyx: (voice) "Things are not gonna look good soon… What do you think we should do when that time comes?"

Lapis: (voice) "That question… That question is to be answered by each and every one of us alone…"

Onyx: (voice) "But-"

Lapis: (voice) "All of us should be prepared to make the ultimate choice, each and every one of us should be ready to choose, to decide… Because it is possible the ones who are tasked to do it, may not be present…"

As his voice echoes around the black void, multiple sets of hands, coming from the members of Team RWBY, JNPR, _UMD, Qrow, and Onyx hold on to different places on Lapis' body.

Lapis: (voice) "You may not understand what I mean yet, but the answer shall come sooner than you expect… You can only understand if you are willing to risk it all. Ask yourself: Why are you fighting for this sorry world?"

A completely white hand with black veins suddenly covered Lapis' mouth, his silver eyes shooting wide open.

The scene suddenly changes inside the dark dorm room of Team LUMD with Lapis waking up all of a sudden from the floor. He rubs his head as he looks outside the window, still seeing the shattered moon shining over the Academy. He picks up his Scroll to see the time was 4:30 in the morning. He nods and stretches before standing up and goes for the door and leaves, a set of Indigo colored eyes are seen watching him leave the room.

-----

The scene changes to Lapis, wearing his Beacon uniform, walking around the courtyard, with both of his hands at the back of his head as he stares at the moon.