Chapter 4

The scene opens up to Lapis opening his eyes, he raises his head, finding himself sitting by a column in the ballroom. He is presented by the sight of the majority still fast asleep and some starting to rise up. He pinches his forehead before standing up. He hears a girl's voice to see a ginger-haired girl waking up a boy with pink strands on his hair, in a rather noisy manner.

Nora: "It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!"

Lapis shakes his head, leaving the ballroom while also keeping an eye out for a certain fox Faunus.

-----

The scene changes inside the locker room with Lapis opening his own rocket locker, grabbing his dual kamas and putting them on his back before grabbing his skull mask. He stares at it for a while before being distracted by a locker door closing hard. He looks to the left to see Maize standing beside him.

Maize: "Morning, Lapis."

Lapis: "Yeah."

Maize: "You've been staring at that mask for a while, looks cool, though."

Lapis: "I honestly hate it a bit."

Maize: "Why so?"

Lapis: "I feel like I'm getting choked when I wear it."

Maize laughs uncomfortably.

Maize: "Anyways… Want to meet some of my friends? I think you're cool, might as well introduce you to them. It's just two of them, kinda a small gang."

Maize scratches the back of his head and grins. Lapis looks at him for a few seconds before closing his locker and nodding while keeping the mask in his grip

Lapis: "You're a more civilised person to be with. I suppose I can entertain you."

Maize: "Great! Follow me!"

Maize then signals Lapis to follow him towards Ruby and Yang, who appear to be arguing about something.

Maize: "Ruby, Yang! I brought a new friend!"

Ruby: "Lapis!"

Lapis: "Oh, these two? I'm afraid I've already met them."

Maize: "Huh?"

Ruby: "Yeah, we kinda did…"

Maize: "Well, I guess there's no need for a lot of introductions."

Lapis: "I guess."

Maize: "So! What Academy did you come from, Lapis?"

Lapis: "I thought-"

Maize: "Yeah, you haven't mentioned it."

Maize looks at Ruby and Yang.

Maize: "Did he?"

Yang: "No."

Maize: "I knew it! Where?"

Lapis: "Sanctum…"

Maize: "That's from Mistral, right? Or is it Vacuo? No, Oscuro is in Vacuo-"

Lapis: "Mistral."

Announcement: "Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately."

Lapis: "Let's have this conversation later."

Lapis turns around and walks away but suddenly halts his movement as Jaune is suddenly seen flying through the room with a spear pinned on his hoodie. He shakes his head before continuing on his way.

Yang: "Maybe he's not interested?"

Maize: "Of course he's interested! Man's just timewise. Serious prediction skills, isn't that amazing?"