Chapter 2

RWBY Volume 1 OP full version cover by CrescentRWBY
Tuning: Drop D

Sorry, this chapter took a while, I've been busy.

-----

The scene opens up in the docks in Mistral with Lapis standing in front of Onyx and Ebony. Behind them is a boat setting to depart towards the kingdom of Vale.

Lapis: "This will be good bye for a long time."

Onyx: "Heh. I'll try to have fun here and forget you even exist."

Lapis: "Charming."

Ebony: "Lapis, dear. Be sure to be careful in Vale, that is unknown territory."

Lapis: "Doesn't that make it more interesting? Besides, I am experienced enough to handle unexpected situations."

Onyx: "Remember, schools assign teams for every qualified student. You'll be teammates with kids!"

Onyx bursts out laughing and points at Lapis. He closes his eyes and smiles a bit.

Lapis: "We're still kids after all, Onyx."

Onyx instantly stops laughing and scratches his head with a dumb smile.

Onyx: "Yeah, right. I forgot."

Lapis: "With that, I think I can blend in with them and hopefully they act like true huntsmen and huntresses."

Onyx: "I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you."

Lapis: "Why's that?"

Onyx: "Trust me, I've hung around Haven Academy longer than you, I've seen enough to not get hopes up."

Lapis: "I'll be fine."

Onyx: "You're going to die of stress. People our age are more destructive and crazy than you think."

Lapis: "Whatever. I think I must get going. The boat will leave with or without me."

Lapis was about to walk away but Ebony held his arm. He turns around and looks at his mother.

Ebony: "The place beyond the sea is unpredictable…"

Lapis: "... But you have to be more unpredictable."

Ebony smiles and jumps up to kiss Lapis' forehead.

Ebony: "Be careful out there, Lapis."

Lapis: (nods) "I will."

The two watch Lapis enter the boat towards Vale.

Onyx: "Are you sure you don't want me watching over you? I mean, I could get you and Grandma Maria a place in the city."

Ebony: "No need, Maria can handle yourself, it's the same with me. And I won't take a disagreement as an answer. No negotiations as well."

Onyx: (sighs) "Fine. I'm glad I didn't grow up getting your attitude."

Ebony: "Silence."

Onyx: "Okay, fine."

Onyx looks at the boat one last time before shaking his head and leaves.

Onyx: "I hope he does not regret this decision."

Ebony: "He won't. He's my son after all."

Ebony walks in the opposite direction of Onyx.