Chapter Four: Expedition Part Three

{Levi's Point of View}

"Captain (your first name)." Cadet Sasha called out to her she prepared to cook for everyone. "What are your plan for us tonight?"

"I imagine you're all absolutely starving considering all I had for you guys this morning was two more biscuits a person, so I'll be doing something quick and filling for dinner. Breakfast. As for our activity, my squad can give you recommendations."

"What do you guys think?" Armin asked her squad.

There was a pause and (your first name) looked up. "The answers no."

"Come on Captain."

"Yeah Captain. Come on." Her squad members begged for something we didn't even know about.

(Your first name) sighed loudly. "Fine. But I need a drink first." She stood up and opened a box. It contains beer and liquor. Had she brought that along for herself on an expedition? I hadn't heard of her being a heavy drinker. She then grabbed a smaller box in the box and opened it to reveal cigars. "You guys know what to do."

Her squad got up and each grabbed a bottle of beer for themselves and a member of my squad. I was at a loss for words; especially when Greyson brought me a beer. (Your first name) took a large gulp of liquor and lit her cigar on fire before puffing it and passing it around to one of her cadets.

"Alright Captain. We're ready!" Haiden seemed as though something exciting and unexpected was about to happen.

"This is something I've only ever done this with Commander Hanji's squad, so you need to know a major rule first. What happens here stays here between us all. Understand?" All my cadets' eyes twinkled as they leaned in towards (your name). Suddenly a soft melody flew from her lips. (Author's note: This song is called Bios Delta and if from the anime Guilty Crown).

"The city we called home now ruins. I've waited all this time for you my dear. In my hands a forget-me-not." My eyes widen upon hearing her voice. It sounded as though as Angel had fell down and surrounded us. It was the softest most angelic voice I had ever heard.

"Light my fire and burn my tears. Let my body finally fade away. My story will live on in the Earth and I will wrap myself inside of its roots." (Your first name) continued to sing as she started cooking eggs over the fire.

"When the seasons change I'll awaken. For all winter I'll have been waiting.
The forget-me-not flower has bloomed again, right here. I remember,do you remember me? Can you recall the day you met me? I remember, do you remember me? Say once more that you love me." Her song came to a dramatic end I felt my heart beat out of my chest.

"There something I want you all to remember, and I say this every time I sing this song for my cadets. When you die, you return to this earth. Your flesh becomes one with it and creates a smaller lifecycle through fertilizing the ground. Grass will grow and bugs will create paths along it. Flowers will bloom and maybe even a tree will grow. Perhaps some day a child will walk over you and smile as they wave to their parents. You never know. So when you loose someone or see someone tragically come to their end, know that their life still carries on in a different way." My cadets looks sadden, but not in a bad way. "We've lost a lot of good people to get here so protect one another until the very end, okay?"

"Yes Captain." They all spoke lowly.

"Now... it's time to have some fun. Haiden, hit it!"

Haiden jumped up and starting singing a funny song while dancing around like a fool. Everyone laughed and some joined in the singing and dancing. This continued as (your first name) cooked dinner. She would even sing along with the group here and there while drinking and smoking. Soon (your first name) got up and I watched as she gripped her 3DMG. I stood up and walked beside her after placing my beer bottle down. She didn't bother to look my way when I approached her.