Chapter Ten: Confession

{Reader-Chan's Point of View}

"Your two weeks is up and for the most part you don't really have bruises left other than your rib cage." I happily listened to Levi as he handed me my tray of breakfast. This had become part of our routine the past two weeks and by now we were well a custom to each other. "Today should be the day Hanji allows you to have physical therapy. Are you excited?"

"A little nervous." I admitted. "Up until this point I've been able to hide low from the cadets but I imagine that will have to change. I wish I wasn't so weak. I wish I could hold my swords again and use my 3DMG. I feel helpless in many ways. I've made progress and I couldn't have done it without you but I also can't expect you to continue to be here for me for six more months or longer." I confessed to Levi my current struggles and worries that I has been hiding from him the past few days. I stared at my tray of food, unable to have an appetite.

"It's not your decision to determine if I can continue to help you. That's my decision; unless, you don't want me here with you."

I was shocked at Levi's words, but even more shocked that he would believe I didn't want him here beside me. "No!" I panicky snapped. "That's not what I meant I looked down in nervousness. "I just meant that I can't expect you to stop living your life to help me heal. I'm still not for sure why you've even helped me up to this point but I'm beyond grateful and can't thank you enough. But at the same time if you've been doing this because you feel like you owe me for protecting Eren, then you have to know that you owe me nothing and can leave my side at any time." I felt my heart crack at my own words. Since our two weeks together, we've grown rather close. Now, I didn't want him to leave my side, but I couldn't let him stay out of guilt either.

"You're right." Levi stood up and my heart shatter. There was a silence and I felt tears rise in my eyes. "I haven't been honest with you. I've sat here by your side for two weeks but never even gave you an explanation as to why I did so." I looked up at Levi, trying my best to not show my teary eyes. "It has never been because you saved Eren Jeager. I know we've avoided each other all this time to avoid our past in the underground but when we were assigned as a team for the expedition I realized something. You have an incredible personality and people love to be around you, including myself." My eyes widen as Levi continued to speak. "I should have never avoided you because of our past living situations and I never gave you the time of day to approach me. I'm sorry. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've fallen for you."

I felt my breath leave my body and I let a single tear run down my cheek. "Levi... I..."

"Captain!" Both Levi and myself turned to the door to see Hanji trying to hold back Greyson. Greyson broke free of Hanji's hold and rushed to hug me. I felt uncomfortable and awkward. "Hanji told me you would start physical therapy today. I know she said we couldn't see you but I coming help myself. There's something I've been needing to tell you." Greyson talked so quickly that I felt my head grow dizzy. "I love you Captain!" What?! "I always have and when I heard you were hurt I tried to stay by your side but they wouldn't let me and..." Greyson continued to ramble on but as awful as it sounds, I couldn't focus on him. I looked to Levi worried he would get the wrong idea, and it seemed be did. He started to walk away and felt myself panic for the second time this morning. As much as I didn't want to confess my feelings for Levi this way, I had to solve the situation immediately. I gently pulled Greyson off of me. "Captain?"

"I'm sorry Greyson, but my heart belongs to another." Levi had turned to look back at me and I looked him in his marble orbs in hot that he would understand my words were meant for him.

"I'm sorry? I want aware you already had someone in your life." Greyson sounded angry and confused.

"He's in my life..." I continued to look into Levi's eyes as I spoke. "...and I know he feels the same way about me, but I have yet to return his feeling and I want to as soon as I can." I gently smiled at Levi and I could tell he knew my words were meant for him in that moment. "I hope he'll accept them even in this circumstance."