Chapter 8: The Email

10.04.2015

Copyright © April 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 8: The Email

Sandra Adele Rosé

This time I came to work only five minutes late which was still considered late. I droppped Adeline to elementary school just a tab earlier and she was actually happy.

You can see my life is the same as always but it's different at the same time. I like this job out of my many previous ones and I was indeed still thankful for Liam Douglas to accept without any experience in the business world. Well I'll completely be lying- I did have inside knowledge, he used to teach me almost every night-- I shook my head and the pathetic memory away.

I breathed in and out a couple of times, closing my eyes I told myself the same think over again. The passed will never be mentioned, the passed will never be mention, the passed will never ever be--

"What's on your mind?"

My head snapped to Jennifer, "Ah nothing much." I said casually going back to signing in at the front desk of the last floor. She seemed like a good person if you got to know her. There's just a lot of busy businessman and women to stop to have a chat.

Jennifer nodded, staring at me a while longer before going back to whatever it is she was doing. "Have a good day." She said and I returned it, going towards his office.

As usual I knock on the door, before entering. Liam was already typing away on his Apple laptop. "Come on in and have a seat." I did what I was told and sat down, he continued typing for a while longer before speaking. "There's a list on my desk," I pick the sheet up that was on his desk facing directly towards me. "Could you do those things for me, sweetheart?" He stopped to raise an eyebrow at me.

I nodded, "I-I yes- of course." I scanned the list and the first thing was pick up two coffees from Starbucks. I slowly look up at him like he was waiting for me to say something. "Please tell me there's a Starbucks in this building."

He sat back satisfied, "Actually there is--" I relaxed feeling relieved. "But it's coffee machine is currently out of order." I groaned in my head, but nodded and stood up to make my way to get his coffees. "Sweetheart, aren't you forgetting something?" I turned to Liam, who was holding his arm out with car keys hanging down his fingers.

"No- no, I'll take my car. I couldn't- wouldn't risk damaging your car." I said backing away from the offer and him. He got out of his chair abandoning his work and ascended towards me, but I backed up every step he took.

By the time my back hit the wall- probably the door, there was no more space between us, in fact he was holding me hostage. He's fingers tilted my chin up but I refuse to look at him. "Look at me." Said Liam. Instead I looked at his nose. "Not my nose, look me in the eyes."

I did. But what met my eyes was not Liam, it was an pissed of business tycoon called Liam Douglas. Suddenly those fifty shades darker blue-grey eyes closed. Deep breath, and rested his forehead against mine, he revealed his eyes once again. "You follow my instruction," he said softly, while his breath fans onto my face with each word. "I don't care if the car doesn't make it back, just you will do fine... and the cups of coffee okay?"

"Okay." I tried to side step away from his torture. He moved away from me allowing me to breath and went to his desk.

"Aren't you forgetibg something." Asides from his car key in my hand, there was nothing to forget, so this is me shaking my head. He redrawed his shiny black diamond card, that sparked under the late morning sun. "You'll need this."