Chapter 2: The First Day

17.11.2014

Copyright © November 2014 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 2: The First Day

The Next Morning At The Douglas Estate

The night didn't settle well, since I was stressed the day before. So much sleep was lost as I was consumed by another round of guilt. I made it downstairs dressed in a suit which didn't include chocolate stains. I picked a banana and just as I was about to grab a packet Chips Ahoy!, I realise there was hardly anything to feed on.

That's not how to start the morning. I picked up my things for the office and made my way to the front door. I open it, but couldn't step out just yet. Outside was covered in thin snow already, and I hardly got time to check my calendar these days.

My car was covered in snow and I was lucky I had put the black cover over it, so tore it of to reveal my nice shiny car. I got into my car and put my seatbelt on safely, before starting the engine.

I dialed Cameron's number in speed dial, and before the second ring he picked up. "What a perfect timing, I was about to give you a call." He greeted. "I need a ride."

"I'll be there in five." I said and hung up, making my way to the Starbucks near the mall. When I arrived, I ordered breakfast for Cameron and I. If I was going to be in a good mood then surly breakfast would do.

The next stop was at Cameron's two story penthouse. I didn't have to give him a notice that I was outside, because he emerged out as I stopped. "That really sounded like five minutes." He said bitterly.

"I had to go and pick up these." I said passing him the labeled bag containing his food which he'll be appreciating later on and started driving.

"So about the woman from the other day..." Surly I heard him, and took a little longer to answer. I glazed over at him seeing he was busy eating his breakfast biscuit, so I turned back to the road.

"Sandra. Sandra Adele Rosé." I shrugged. "She is a part of the company now, and starts today." It was very busy in the company right now, and adding new staff might help- besides my finance men are not able to record the data accurately so I'm doing it myself.

Nothing more was said and we stayed silent for the rest of the ride. As we headed towards the tall building in our expensive suits, and entered the ground floor lobby, every living soul began moving according to speed.

-

-

-

Introducing Sandra Adele Rosé

I became nervous instantly, when I looked upon the building I'd be working in for now. Sighing I straighten up and walking to the entrance, and was let in by a doorman. I thanked him and made my way to the lady behind the desk in the lobby.

"Hi, could you tell me where I could find Mr. Douglas?" I asked politely. The older lady didn't spare me a glace as she typed into the computer system.

"Name."

I raised my eyebrow at the rudeness of the woman, who is not attending to her job the right way. "Sandra Rosé." I waited for her to tell me anytime but nothing.

Shortly her head snapped up to behind me, she smiled up at me forcing it. "Miss. Rose--" But the lady was cut off, by a powerful voice from behind me that send a shiver through my body.

"I'll take it from here, thank you." The lady nodded at the bitter voice. I was on the edge of turning around, when a hand was placed on my lower back. "Please walk." With a small nod, I followed the familiar figure- not one but two.

My curiosity was getting the better of me, but I looked and was greeted by the mans suit, I tilled my head up to see him face. And immediately I remembered his face. Liam Douglas.

Well on the other side of me the other man was dressed in a suit as well but he was familiar too. He noticed my intense stare and looked down upon me. He flashed me his pearly teeth, and I shortly nod.

This felt like college, being the smallest and all. They look like bodyguards compared to my little frame. Somehow we entered the empty elevator. It was quite and awkward- especially for me. "Hi, I'm Sandra Rosé, and you?" I asked from the corner on my eyes.

He knew I was talking to him. "Cameron Laurence." He said shrugging casually. Interesting.

"I believe we have already met." Liam said with his hand still in place. I nodded my head polity. "Liam Douglas." He recalled.

The elevator came to a final stop, and dinged before opening the doors. As we walked straight ahead, we passed the young woman from yesterday. I remember her from the interview as Jennifer, I gave her a short smile which she returned.

When we came to a erupt stop, the glass door to a fancy office was carefully opened and we stepped in. "Send me the financial reports." Cameron immediately made his way out, after a short nod from Liam.

The office held an white expensive glass desk, with an chair behind it and another facing the desk. A tv screen was hanging near by on the side wall. There was a bookshelf and glass view. "Please take a seat Sandra." Liam pulled out the chair facing his desk offering me the seat.

"Thank you." I said when he took my coat, and hung it at the back. No sooner he did the same and sits down. I had to admit he was very attractive, but his eyes were fascinating.

"There's a lot of work for the winter season, and I hope you are good with numbers." He said looking me straight in the eye.

I wasn't really good with number, but I smiled calmly and nodded. It was always me who calculated the bills and stuff, I was on my own. But I think it wasn't a mistake that things went downhill for me. This is all for my daughter. And I don't know where I would be without her.

She's my angel.

"The finance department is in a mess, so the data are on records I'm afraid. I think Jennifer will bring the stack of paper. Now I want the loss to be circled- that's all." I nodded at him, circling couldn't be so hard, now would it?