Chapter 12: The Sister

27.04.2015

Copyright © April 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 12: The Sister

Sandra Adele Rosé

Before considering Leah Cartwright as a babysitter, me and Liam Douglas had a long conversation about this. I was fine with her becoming Adeline's babysitter, since she seemed a little young and would be able to appear to Ade as a friend to play with.

But Liam, he was taking the whole thing over the top. A babysitter is mostly a teenager or young adults in their twenties, I had explained. Now he thinks, we should just take care of her ourselves.

At the end he called her the next morning and she actually came. When she entered, I explained to her what the list the doctor gave me said. "If anything happens don't hesitate to call." Liam said helping me with my coat.

Well I finished giving her last tips, and she was actually confident about how to take care of a five year old. I gave Adeline a kiss on the forehead, "Be a good girl, Ade." She nodded clinging onto me.

I handed her to Leah after she received a kiss from Liam. So we made our way out his house and to the car that was already parked at the driveway. I thanked him for opening the door, before it closed and then I put my seatbelt on.

I was actually glad to be back at work, but Liam Douglas had a lot of papers stacked on his desk. So I began helping him clear it. Jennifer came and went, delivering information of all the meetings he cancelled yesterday. I Actually scrunch my face at that detail.

There's nothing to say, since nothing changed. I've been only gone one day. I got up and left to do a copy for Cameron of this data sheet I was holding. A few people greeted me one the way, who worked on this floor and I returned it.

I copied the A4 paper and went Cameron's office, entering after a short knock. He looked up from his laptop, and grins. "Shortcake!" He greets. I nod at him and returned a greeting. "How is Adeline?" My eyes widen and I wanted to say something but he beats me to it. "Yeah, Liam kind of told me since he won't shut up about it." He laughs nervously, "Just ignore me and take a seat."

When I handed him the sheet, I sit down. "Liam said, to take a look, write a comment and bring it back- oh, and Ade she's okay for now." I said getting up again to leave. "Oh and by the way, you have a lipstick mark on your face."

I couldn't resist to laugh at his face. I caught a glinps of him opening a draw and pulling out a mirror. Liam was in deep thought with a frown on his face when I came in, so I sat down quietly.

And just like that I zoomed out into my own world where everything was not even close to perfect. I worryed about Adeline currently, what was she doing? Is she already? How about Leah?

"Sandra?" I snap my head in his direction, him facing me. "I was telling something." He said raising his eyebrow, like I was supposed to know.

"I'm sorry what?"

He sighed, "I said, it's time we discussed your position hear--" The door burst open as I really wanted to hear what he had to say. But unfortunately the sudden interruption didn't allow me to find out.

The look on Liam was highly deadly, for being rude and coming in here like they owned the place. Then his face lost all signs of emotion, it was blank. I hate telling you the same thing about his face- but its the truth.

One minute he was talking, the next he was cut and then the soft clicking of heels. The sound moved to Liam and then I see a tall lady, perfect body, flawless skin and hair just on point. She marched inn, in those killer stiletto heels.