Chapter 19: The Daddy Issues

02.19.2016

Copyright © February 2016 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 19: The Daddy Issues

Sandra Adele Rose

My mom didn't hesitate to take the test.

I spend a week trying to convince damn David to go get his parents to take the test. It was only a pinch– that's all. They refused.

They hated me for leaving their son at the alter. That's not the actual story but something like that. I didn't have to ask to know. He never told them the truth and for that I hated him even more.

"You own me more than that and you are contemplating to take the test! This is about your daughters life!" It was One afternoon when I finally found him in the heart of New York City, running his business big and busy. That was four days ago, as Liam demanding that I shouldn't go... That it was useless.

"I'll think about it Sandra." It was useless.

Two days later he took the test.

And now I was vexed. This can't be it. I looked at the letter addressed to me, yet only those three facts stood out.

Miss. Sandra Rose: Incompatible

Miss. Katherine Rose: Incompatible

Mr. David Everett: Incompatible

Shit. Liam took the paper out of my hand and scanned his eyes through it. They met mind after, silently asking if I'm okay.

That's the same thing running through my head: am I okay?

The doctor was just prescribing some medicines for Adeline who sat quietly on my lap. I was here with Leah for our routine check up that Dr. John had suggested.

On our way out of the office, my baby girl stopped walking and it had an effect on me because I was holding her fragile hand. With concern I looked down at her. "What's wrong Adeline?" I asked her with a small voice.

"Am I going to die?"

She broke me when she mentioned death. I didn't know how to answer such a tough question coming from my child. "Sick people don't die sweetie; they just need lots of love, rest and medicine." As long as I didn't answer her specific request I was buying more time to avoid telling her. Leah looked concerned for her and so did I.

She smiled and grabbed more firmly onto my hand. She needed me now more than ever; she needed saving.

I've said this a million times; my life is complicated. If only you and I knew how much more complicated it was about to get, I'd have found a way around it– which was impossible now. This is what I have to do.

I had questions I needed answers to and my mom knew them.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Liam asked as he stopped at a traffic light.

My head nodded but my nervousness is getting the better of me. "I think she's been avoiding this topic for far too long now, I'm not getting any younger."