▪︎○ Eleven ○▪︎

Afternoon soon settled in as the trio walked through the deserted town, their gazes sweeping along the shops lining either side of the street.

"So, let's say we get a car from this buddy of yours. Then what?" Ellie asks Joel.

"Well, then we go find Tommy."

"Marlene said he's your brother?" Ellie inquires further whilst tucking her hands in her pocket.

Joel nodded, moving towards the pizzeria that appeared to be one of only two buildings not boarded up. "More importantly he was a firefly. He'll know where to take you but he lives far from here which is why we need a car." he explained whilst walking behind the counter and searching through the cabinets for supplies.

Meanwhile, Ellie and Olivia approached the broken arcade machine situated at the front of the restaurant, their eyes glinting at the mere sight of it.

"You played this before?"

The voice startles the pair, causing their heads to whip around to look at the Southern man stood behind them curiously. He watches Ellie shake her head sadly, her fingers outstretching to run along the dust covered surface. "No but I had a friend who knew everything about this game."

"Your friend had good taste," Olivia compliments with a smile.

"You've played this?" Ellie asks in disbelief, excitement rising in the young girl.

Olivia nods as she reaches her fingers out to press the different coloured buttons, whilst her other hand wraps around the joystick, giving it a light jiggle. "Yeah, back when I was a kid." she smiles, "it was one of my favourite arcade games but it was pretty unpopular with the parents. You know, with the gore and all." she shrugs.

"I never did like these things," Joel mumbles from behind the pair as he brings his hand up to rub at his beard.

"Figures," Olivia chuckles as she steps back altogether, leaving the pair behind as she jogs back out into the street towards the music shop on the far corner.

She pauses outside, debating whether to bother entering. She adored music. It was a friend, a comfort, a dream once upon a time. But now it was a reminder of the world that once was, it was something that she missed deeply. She would often sing old songs she remembered hearing as a kid, humming tunes she recalled her mother once listening to without ever managing to remember the name.

Music held a special place in her heart.

Which is why the idea of entering an abandoned store filled with old records unsettled her so much. She didn't want to see the music just sat there unheard, it saddened her. But then again, they needed any supplies they could get their hands on.

So, with a deep breath, she crosses the threshold. She let's her gaze drift for only a moment before she moves behind the counter and towards the back office and storage room, searching the shelves and cabinets thoroughly for any useful supplies.

"You know..." she says whilst flicking her gaze from the cabinet to the man leaning against the office doorframe, his arms folded. "I remember Tommy once telling me that you have a talent for singing," she smirks.

Joel breathes a chuckle, his lips twitching into a smile as he rests his gaze on her crouched form. "He would tell you that, wouldn't he?"

"Is it true?" she presses whilst pulling herself to a stand.

"I wouldn't say its a talent, I just used to enjoy it is all." he gestures with his hand dismissively causing the brunette's smile to widen excitedly.

"Oh, now you gotta sing for me."