▪︎○ Forty Eight ○▪︎

Olivia smirked at the glaring man sat opposite her, watching smugly as he tended to his wounds; the wounds she had inflicted upon him the second he had tried to force himself on her.

The copper taste remained in her mouth as she allowed her gaze to drift to his bloodied cheek where she had bitten a chunk from. It looked sore and grotesque, which only further fuelled her smugness.

"Fucking bitch," the man growled as he lifted a hand to his broken nose with a low hiss - another injury Olivia had gifted him with her head

"Yes, you are." Olivia threw back with the same smirk on her blood stained lips. Then, with a sharpening glare, she spat his blood on the floor with a desperate urge to rid the disgusting red fluid from her mouth.

"You little-" the man sprung from his seat angrily, a burning rage in his dark, near black eyes. Though before he could take more than a few steps towards her, one of his larger buddies intercepted him, insisting he calm down until the others return. Which, begrudgingly, the man does with a promise made to take his time making her suffer when his buddies arrived.

"I look forward to it," Olivia shrugged with little to no emotion. Truth be told, she wasn't the least bit intimidated by him or his larger friend. Even with the throbbing in her bruised head and the constant stinging in her swollen eye and busted lip.

Sure, the pair had managed to land a few good hits against her when attempting to beat her for having harmed one of their men, but it was nothing Olivia couldn't handle. She'd been through worse. Definitely.

Her only real concern and worry lay with Joel and Ellie's safety.

She felt helpless as she sat with her arms bound to the heater behind her back and her feet tied together. She was no help to either of them now. She didn't even know if they were still alive and that alone tore her apart from the inside out.

She had failed them.

Both of them.

And so, as that feeling of defeat and worthlessness overcame her, so did acceptance for whatever fate the men had install for her. She had no real fight left. Her mind and body were beaten, broken by those holding her captive.

"Why the fuck would we capture her alive?" one of the men asked his injured friend, his brows pulled together and voice low. "They killed how many of our men? That girl deserves to die."

"You know how David is with the young ones. He'll want her as his new pet. Sick fuck."

"Can't blame him though," the man said while turning his head to look Olivia over, earning a dark glare in return. "If that girl looks half as good as her, I'd want her for myself too." he confessed shamelessly before sharing a short chuckle with his buddy.

And there it was.

The information that reignited that fire in the young woman's core. That protective instinct that rose up like an angry mother wolf, ready to tear apart anyone that dared harm her child.

Ellie was alive. They had confessed that themselves. David wanted Ellie for himself. The sick prick wanted a new pet to force himself on; a new girl to violate and apparently Ellie's skill and bravery had earned her his unwanted attention.

"I wish your friends would hurry the fuck up," Olivia suddenly called to the pair opposite her, garnering their attention as a smirk slipped on her chapped lips. "I have somewhere to be after I kill the lot of you," she says simply just as the sound of men approaching the front door fills the air.

The injured man stands with a smirk of his own and a dark lustful look rising in his dark eyes; his tongue running along his thin lips. "Oh, sweetheart..." He mumbles while striding confidently towards her and crouching in front of her face, his eyes meeting her dim green ones as her smirk falters a fraction. "You'll be begging for death when we're finished with you." He murmurs while running his fingertips along her neck and collarbone, all the while enjoying the way she writhed to rid herself of his touch.