▪︎○ Fifty Eight ○▪︎

The flashlight beams moved along the walls of the hospital, just a short distance from the pair still crouched behind cover. They remained silent and unmoving, watching the approaching men like predators would observe their prey.

Olivia felt her heart thundering within her chest as she peered around the wall to count those seeking them out. "Six," she informed Joel in a hushed whisper, causing him to nod in acknowledgement and grip the pistol in his hand tighter.

"Alright, let's try and take 'em out quietly," he instructs with gaze following her hand as it moves towards her throwing knives attached to her belt.

"Yes, sir." Olivia smirks before taking five of the knives in hand and moving to silently hop over the empty window frame behind them - much like a trained assassin moved undetected around their target.

She snuck towards a nearby desk, just to the right of an open doorway where a beam of light moved slowly along the frame. Then, as she watched the man holding the flashlight and pistol walk by, she crept forward and with a flick of her wrist, she sent a knife into the back of his neck from behind.

She glared at his body as it fell limply to the floor with an echo of that familiar gargling noise; an indication that he had been choking on his own blood. It was a noise Olivia could never get used to, even if she deeply loathed the person releasing the sound.

I guess, in some manner, that was proof that she was not as cold blooded as she often thought herself to be. She had heart, one that was not completely shut off from the pain of others.

So, with a heavy sigh, she turned back to Joel. Her eyes widened as she watched him choke out one of the men with his bicep until a deafening crack reached their ears. Then, as carelessly as he had with so many others, he tossed the man's body aside, letting it drop to the floor with a thud.

"Four." Olivia mouthed, earning a nod from Joel as he moved to join her back behind the cover of the desk.

They knelt side by side, ears perked and gazes following the flashlight beams outside the room. From what they could collectively tell, two men were in the room just across the hall while the other two were blocking the corridor that led into the next section of the hospital.

Therefore, with a look shared, the two decided to take out the two guards in the room across the hall first. Then, they'd be able to take out the last two who were blocking their way forward without trouble.

"Reckon you can take them out with those?" Joel whispered to his partner with gaze flicking down to the four remaining knives in her hand.

"Piece of cake," Olivia smirked before shooting him a confident wink and moving silently out the room and across the hall undetected. She crouched down behind the empty window frame of the room the two men were searching, keeping her gaze locked on their figures while twirling the knives in her hand expertly.

She waited patiently for a secure opening, then, when one showed itself, she lifted her knives and with a flick of both her wrists, she sent two through the air simultaneously; hitting both men in the chest, directly in the heart.

She didn't wait to watch their bodies hit the ground, instead she turned and made her way back to the impressed southern man still hidden safely behind the desk. Meanwhile, the echoing thuds confirmed their deaths for her as she joined his side.

"Damn," he murmured with pride reflecting in his eyes, mixed with a hint of lust for the woman he was completely head over heels for.

"Come on," Olivia smirked with eyes meeting his deep hazel ones. "You can reward me later." She teased with a kiss placed to his jawline playfully.