26| Wake Up

It's been seven months since Brie was awake

It's been seven months since Brie was awake. Everyone has lost hope on her waking up.

Marco hasn't slept in those months. Every time he does, he gets a frightening nightmare, flashbacks of his sisters blood in his hands. He's still working though, he can't just give up on his job. The brothers have been taking turns on work days though, so that everyone can see Briella.

Rocco told everyone about Nicole's pregnancy, which made things a bit better for the family. Nicole hasn't been doing well though, she painfully misses Brie, she was going to ask her to be god mother but now, she thinks Brie will never get that opportunity.

Scar has tried to visit Brie, but every time he tries, he fails. The De Luca's set up guards outside Brie's room, not letting anyone inside.

Rafael has fully recovered but it doesn't feel like it. He wishes it was him in the hospital bed, he apologizes every day to Brie, telling her it should've been him. It's killing him slowly, not being able to hear her laugh or even speak.

The O'Connor cousins have been helping out with business, alongside the De Luca cousins. They're all deeply hurt, trying their best to keep themselves together. Worry is the only thing they feel these days.

Now, let's get serious here. Let's talk about Brie's injuries.

Who do you think it was?

I won't be spoiling it for y'all but I know exactly who it was.

Brie has a skull fracture, broken hand, continuous bleeds, extreme bruising, internal bleeding and a broken leg. Which to be fair, is quite good for an accident that bad.

The skull fracture hasn't been worrying the doctors but the bleeding has. Some days, her wounds bleed uncontrollably. She's had seizures and a cardiac arrest. It's a miracle that she's still breathing, well...the life support is helping her breathe.

What's going on in Briella's mind? Does she even know what's going on?

Find out in the next chapter ;)