The Dreams and the Awakening

As the vapor settled and the group coughed and caught their breath. They opened their eyes to see what exactly was inside this cursed chest. There was a burlap bag, the egyptologist walked up hesitantly and grabbed the bag. Opening it to find a black book, it was completely made of metal and had several etchings of hieroglyphs on the front. And a giant keyhole that seemed to be the same as the one on the sarcophagus. It is the Book of The Dead! The Egyptologist looked over it and traced the etchings. "I know of this..I never thought that it actually existed. It is a most priceless item gentlemen!" Even though he spoke highly of it, the Americans looked displeased. Henderson kicked the ground and cursed. "It said it was made of pure gold buddy!" he yelled. Daniels seemed to add on to the frustrations "no one would trade a brass spittoon for that!" he kicked the seemingly empty box, but it then broke open. Revealing a lower compartment. Inside were five jewel-encrusted canopic jars. One being shattered. All of the men looked with awe and had a look of victory on their faces. "Well hot damn" Daniels muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Evy examined the mummy that was all twisted up. Rosie looked at the lid of the coffin. There were scratches all over it. Jonathan looked at it puzzled as well. "What do you suppose did that?" Rosie had a feeling...and she knew she was right. "There...scratched um...from fingernails...he was buried alive," Rosie replied to her brother. Hearing that Evy and Rick turned to look as well. Evy made a disgusted face. "God...Rosie is right" Evy traced them and found a small note on the top. "Look he left a message...death is only the beginning," Evy said. Rosie felt a cold sweat hit her suddenly. She looked over the message a dozen times. Her hands were shaking. "Hey Rose..you ok?" Jonathan was the first to notice that his sister was acting stranger than usual ever since they had come here. Rosie looked up at John. "ah? No no I'm fine I'm..just something I ate maybe" she said and sat on a fallen pillar. Rick and Evy looked concerned. "Here you guys wrap it up, I'm taking her to camp," Rick said and went towards Rosie. She didn't object. Rick swooped her up and somehow had gotten her back up to the surface. Cuz that's just how awesome he is. The whole time the two were quiet. Rosie had nothing to say. Neither did Rick. He set her down near the campfire that had been dowsed for some time. Rick then grabbed some wood and placed it on the area to make a new fire.

"Something you ate huh?" Rick spoke up. It snapped Rosie out of her trance. She then nodded "mhm yeah..." she muttered. It wasn't pushed any further. Rosie laid back with her gun still on her hip. She tried to get some rest. But those words... rang in her head. Not in Evy's voice but in a man's voice. "Death is only the beginning....Satiah". She was dreaming, first, it was a dreamless sleep but then turned into something she dared say that seemed familiar. She was in a beautiful Egyptian palace. The sun was setting and made everything look like it was glowing warmly. It was hot but there was a soft breeze. Looking around she noticed she was dressed in a light white dress that cut off at her ankles. It showed off her full figure nicely. Her hair was tied in intricate box braids and had golden beads on them. She reached up and felt her head, she was wearing a headdress, she wasn't sure what kind though. She wore gold armbands and had red paint on her hands. It bled into her dark skin. She was so engrossed in her appearance that she did not notice the person standing a few feet away watching her. She snapped out of it when he heard her name being called...no someone else's name. "Satiah. Your head is in the clouds again my child" mused the elder man. She looked over in slight shock. He was dressed much more extravagantly than her. He must be of great importance. But she feels she had seen his face before in Evy's books. He chuckled and walked over. "Forgive me majesty," she said automatically. It was like she couldn't speak the way she wanted to. And they both spoke in Egyptian. "Do not worry yourself. I wanted to call you here today to announce some great news" He said with a twinkle in his eye. She nodded and felt curious to know what it was. "Your late mother and I had made a bargain when you were still learning to be a priestess. It was that you were to marry your fellow priest. Imhotep." He said gently. Rose didn't take it well. She stood there confused. Why on earth would they make such a deal? "I see...and may I say my Pharoh what made you decide this all these years ago?" her tone was calm, making sure not to offend her king. He nodded, looking in a good mood to answer her. "There had not been a union like this in over 200 years. In the last union, both of the betrothed were branded with a mark of the sun and the moon. We had discovered you and Imhotep carry these marks. It will no doubt please the gods to see you together." He said and smiled. It was true. She had a mark on her left shoulder blade in the shape of a moon. But that was always said to be the mark of the moon god Khonsu. The god of the moon and time itself. All of the head priestesses before her had lived a long life serving him. And she was the next one to serve him. She had never thought she was destined for marriage. She had never been prepared for it. "I-I-... I'm honored" Was all she could say. The Pharaoh nodded, being pleased by her answer. He waved at the guards that were standing near the door. They opened it. In walked Imhotep. Not a mummy. He wore long black robes to cover his shirtless form. Her childhood friend...now destined to be her mate.

He sported a small smile on his face as he saw her. "Satiah," he said. It triggered her. Making her flinch. That voice. She knew that voice! "You.." He looked at her and everything seemed to fade except them. He walked over to her and she stepped back. "Me" he replied gently to her.