Run or Stay?

-Back at Cario, Evy's Apartment-

Rosie and the others had made their trip back to Cario swiftly, though the Americans decided to stick closer to them for some reason. They tended to Burns and got him to a doctor as soon as they could. They rented out one of the apartments there since they obviously couldn't stay at Evy's place. Daniels was the brave one to even mention it, and in return he received a glare from both Rosie and Rick, daring him to finish that proposal about staying with Evy. Rosie had all of her things already in a bag she had with her, she never carried much because she was always traveling. Rick was in Evy's room grabbing her clothes and putting them in an open suitcase. Rosie watched too stressed to say much about it. She honestly agreed with Rick. but also agreed with her sister deep down knowing that it was the right thing to do. "I thought you didn't believe in this stuff!?" Rick fired at her as he was hurriedly putting things of Evelyns in the suitcase. Evelyn however started to take her things out of the case and put them back "Having an encounter with a four-thousand-year-old walking-talking corpse tends to convert one!" Evy countered back, and Rosie made a face and nodded in agreement. "Yea..that'll do it" she muttered. Evy shook her head and sighed at her sister who was doing nothing to help.

"Forget it, we are out the door, down the hall and gone," Rick said and kept putting back the clothes in her suitcase. "You set Rosie?" He asked and looked at her, who seemed to be disassociating until he called her name "Hu- oh yeah all good" she said and went back to her world. Rick was obviously concerned about her, but he would have to talk to her later, right now all he was focused on was getting the hell out of there. "Hey hey oh no we are not!" Evy yelled at him and just continued to unpack, it was becoming a repetitive thing. Rick packed her suitcase and Evy unpacked it. "Oh yes, we are!" Rick looked at Evy with frustration in his eyes, which matched Evelyn's. "NO, we are not! We woke him up, and we must try and stop him." Evy said to Rick and put her hands on her hips, putting her foot down on the subject. Rick looked at her like she was crazy and looked back at Rosie to see if she was getting this but only saw an uninterested one lounging in a white chair with a white Persian cat on her lap. "We!? What we!? I didn't read that book. Rose and I told you not to play around with that thing." Evy let out a huff and then replied "Alright then, me, i, ....I read the book, I woke him up and I intend to stop him." Evy did not sound all too confident about it but it was her truth. She needed to stop him, if she didn't then she would be responsible for the end of the world. It frightened her but also she had the courage she needed knowing that so many people were in danger, especially her family. Rosie seemed to be the person who was shaken up the most. Well, second to Mr.Burns. That name still rang in Evy's head. Satiah. It was Egyptian, why would he call her sister that? Did he mistake her for someone in his past? It made Evelyn worried.

Rick grabbed some more stuff out of a drawer and had accidentally grabbed a bra out, he was so focused on their conversation that he didn't notice till Evy snatched it out of his hands. "How!? You heard the man, no mortal weapons can kill this guy". Evy put the bra back in her drawers and replied "then we will have to find some immortal ones". Rick groaned and ran a hand through his hair "there goes that 'we' again. Not me okay? I'm outta here!" HE went and put some of her shoes in the trunk and then Evelyn suddenly kicked the lid shut on his fingers making Rick yelp out and pull them loose. He then storms out of the room in anger with Evy in tow. Rosie couldn't help but snicker, finding it a bit funny as she petted the cat on her lap who was purring happily. "What is going to happen when he is fully regenerated then?" Rosie called out to them not really wanting to move and disturb the cat. "Yes! Uhm well, according to the book, once the creature is reborn, his curse will spread, as he grows in strength, his curses will grow, infecting people until the whole earth is destroyed!" Evy said but as she followed Rick, Rosie couldn't hear her as much. Evy was growing frustrated with Rick's stubbornness. "Yea so? Is that my problem?" he asked her. He started to pack more things like some books but Evy took the book out of his hand, "It's everybody's problem!" she snapped at him. Rick rolled his eyes, trying to at least keep his cool but he was at his boiling point with her. "Look lady, I appreciate you saving my life and all, but when I signed on, I agreed to take you out there, and bring you back, and I did, now we're even, end of story, contract terminated," he said gruffly, but then saw the look on Evy's face turned from angered to hurt. "That's all I am to you? A contract?" she asked and stopped him from trying to pack more of her things. "Look, you can either tag along with me, or you can stay here and play around with mister maggot," he said. Evy's eyebrows knitted together and she said in a firm tone, "I am staying". With that Rick left the Apartments with a slam of the door. Frightening the cat on her lap in the process.