Finally Free

Soon after feasting on rat gizzards, everyone tried to get some sleep. While everyone was asleep Rosie stayed up sitting by the fire near RIck who was snoozing on a rock. Rosie was doing everything she could not fall asleep, she was worried that she would have one of those dreams again. About him and that place. She shivered and hugged her knees looking at the fire that cracked peacefully. The moon was full and the stars twinkled above them. She looked up and looked at the moon. It gave her a sense of calmness that washed over her. She sighed and rubbed her eyes. She then noticed Eveyln coming to the camp with something heavy-looking in her arms. She was about to say something but Rick beat her to it. "You know that's stealing right?" he muttered and opened one of his eyes to look at her. "Well according to you and my brother it is called borrowing" she retorted. Rosie snickered "She has a point-" Rick gave her a look and she then decided to not finish her sentence "erm..uh eves maybe you shouldn't be playing with that. Seriously". Evelyn rolled her eyes. She focused on opening the book and plucked out the key they had used for the sarcophagus. It matched the lock on the book.

As she put the key in the lock she simply replied: "It's just a book, no harm ever came from a book" and with a hiss, the lock opened. It made Rosie shiver more and she hated it. She pulled the blanket she had over her shoulders more. "Why, why can't we just leave the book that's literally about DEATH alone?" She said to Evy and huffed. "Because there is no hookum that would harm us dear sister now shhh," Evelyn said back at her and then continued her actions. She slowly and carefully opened the book. The slabs are written in ancient hieroglyphs. "Ahm kum ra, Ahm kum dei...it speaks of the night and of the day." She translated for us. She kept reading and Rosie started to feel funny. Rosie stared off into space and zoned out, Eveyln's voice echoed in her ears. Suddenly the Egyptologist screamed from his makeshift bed. "No! You must not read from the book!!!" he yelled.

Rosie felt frozen and felt fear in her like an ice pick was driven into her heart. "Rosie!! Rose! We gotta go come on!" Evy pulled her and Rosie came out of her weird trance. "Wha- OH SHI-" Rosie screamed as she saw a giant swarm of locusts coming at them. She scrambled up and ran with her sister. Make sure to hold on to her. "Get inside go!" Rick yelled and guided the three siblings inside the walls of Hamunaptra. All the while, the Egyptologist sat there holding the book, covered in locusts and looking full of sadness and fear. "What have we done?" he asked out loud. The group ran inside along with the Americans. They all patted themselves free of bugs and Johnathan flung a locust off him "Did you see that!? Grasshoppers! Billions of Grasshoppers!!" he said and Rick lit a torch that was on the wall already from the Americans dig site. "That's one of the plagues right? The Grasshopper Plague?" He asked Evy, who just shook her head as she tossed her hair making sure there were no bugs in it. "It's not a plague. It's generational. Every So many a year the locusts of Egypt have a population explosion and they all take flight." she explained as they walked further into the labyrinth.

As Rosie stepped there was an unpleasant squishing sound and she looked down. Rick shone his torch and there were frogs all over the floor. Rosie shook her leg and frowned. "Ugh gross..ok what about frogs?" she asked her sister.

Meanwhile, the Americans were lost in the labyrinth, running down a passageway. During the panic burns got pushed to the ground, his glasses knocking off to the side. He grunted and looked around, the world around him blurry and completely fuzzy. "AH, crap..hey! Daniels! Henderson!" He yelled to his friends. But his so-called friends ditched him, running away in fear of the large bugs. Beni was running up behind him. "Oh hey can you help me find my-" And then there was a crunch. Beni stepped on his glasses. "Whoops...so sorry," he said meekly and ran off. Daniels sighed and stood up, walking forwards and putting his hand on the wall to help guide him slowly. As he walked a blurry figure turned up at the end of the hall. "Daniels, is that you?" he asked, but the figure was eerily quiet. "Henderson?" He asked again. Nothing. So he walked closer, his foot caught on a rock and he tripped, bumping into the figure. He went to catch his balance and put his hand on the figure's chest. His hand sunk into the chest with a sickening sound of rotten flesh being moved. It smelled horrible and made Burns' stomach turn. "Oh god," he muttered and started to scream before a decayed hand covered his mouth.