The Curse of All Curses

As everything was gone, only she and Imhotep stayed. "I know that this is sudden but it is for the good of the kingdom my friend," Imhotep said. Rosie went to retaliate. To ask why she kept hearing him inside her head ever since she arrived here. But she couldn't. It was like she was being controlled. "I have never heard of such a thing...to think, marrying my childhood friend. It feels strange. Not something I would have expected given that all of the priestesses before me went into celibacy." She replied and crossed her arms. Imhotep nodded and let out a chuckle. "Things often change, just as time does, that's what you have told me before Sati" She had indeed said that. Time was always flowing and changing with the tide. Imhotep moved to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "I will try my best to make you happy," He said and she looked back at him. Trusting him full-heartedly. And just like that, everything turned to smoke, like a cloud was disturbed. Sweeping away Imhotep's form and leaving her alone.

She was brought to a new setting. Their wedding she seemed to be watching from the back of the room now. Seeing a woman who looked like her twin walk down in ceremonial robes. It was a beautiful ritual. Binding their souls together in front of the statue of Horace and Khonsu. But she could see hidden unhappiness in both of their eyes as the wedding was fulfilled. Her heart ached. Almost as if she could feel her pain. She watched as the newly married couple walked down and out of the chambers, but not before seeing Imhotep catch eyes with another woman. She was beautiful. Carmel skin and raven black hair. She was covered head to toe in black and gold paint. Standing next to the Pharaoh and his daughter. They looked at each other with eyes of want and need. It made a fire burn in Rosie's gut. But she calmed down. Realizing it wasn't her own anger she was feeling. It was Satiahs. What did this mean? Were they the same person? Was Satiah her ancestor? Or maybe...a past life? She never believed in it until now. The whisperings in her ear, the random feelings of familiarity. It haunted her.

The scene changed again in smoke. The smoke took shape to see Satiah and Imhotep walking down a hall together. Seemingly enjoying each other's company. They were even holding hands. It seemed to Rosie that they had grown closer than just friends. The two laughed at something Imhotep said and then their laughter died down. Satiah looked over his face and moved her hand over his eyes gently. Imhotep gently grabbed her hand to stop her and placed a kiss on the palm of her hand. Satiah blushed and a small smile crawled up on her lips. "Satiah" he muttered, his tone almost sounding sad to Rosie. They kept that long stare, lost in one another's eyes. Satiah leaned in to kiss him but Imhotep pulled away slowly. Satiah pulled away and watched him. "Not yet I am sorry," He said and that was enough to make Satiah pull away completely. "It has been a year and it is not time yet....I grow weary of this. I understood you needed time, so did I. But I am ready. The only problem is that it seems you will never be ready." She said and tears threatened to fall on her cheeks. Imhotep went to console her but she had dashed away. Wow, drama. Rosie thought to herself. But she noticed wetness on her own cheeks. She was crying as well. She watched as Imhotep stood there. Looking mad. But something unexpected happened. He turned and looked directly at her. She jumped and then collected herself. He saw her! Like actually saw her! Imhotep looked confused and tried to walk to her. "Satiah..why do you hide away in these memories? You are finally here, I can make things right." He said and now suddenly she couldn't understand him. She was panicking. She backed up until her back hit the wall. "Never fear me Satiah" He said and moved closer, closing in on her. "I-I don't know what you are saying," she said and Imhotep tried again. Pressing her more in Egyptian. She grew annoyed as Imhotep started yelling. "Satiah, this is not amusing. Satiah!" She groaned and then pushed him back, or at least tried to. "I am not Satiah!! I'm Rosie! Ro- Sie!" she said and looked at him angrily. It was strange he looked at her and then grabbed her wrist roughly. "You are her...I know it. And I will find you again" His voice morphed into this demonic gravelly voice of a monster. His skin started to melt away. Making Rosie gasp. He was decomposing right before her eyes. "My Wife, you will be with me and rule the world together." How Did He Know English NOW!? Rosie was confused and scared. She screamed at the sight before her. It was that big gooey mummy that they had found in Hamunaptra. She struggled to get away from him and wiggled in his grip.