Stopping the Ritual

Suddenly a dusty breeze blows into the chamber as O'Connell moves Evelyn behind him, the whole group starts to slowly back away from the mummy pieces. The floor where they were just standing suddenly started to move. Two more mummies slowly dig their way up out of the floor. More mummies start coming out of the walls and crawling out of the piles of gold. The group looks in horror as they watch all of these mummies resurface. Evie was holding herself back from screaming. This was going to give her some serious nightmares!. O'Connell raised his elephant gun ready to shoot his way through the hoard of mummies but was stopped by Ardeth Bay, putting a hand on Rick's shoulder. "May I?" he said in a polite tone and Rick looked at him. "Uh..yeah yeah sure go ahead," he said and moved back for him.

Ardeth pulled out his larger automatic gun and Evy gasped "oh- I think by now we learned that bullets won't kill these creatures!" she said and Rick shrugged. "But it can slow them the hell down" he replied and Evie covered her ears as Ardeth fired at the crowd of mummies. Even though the bullets slowed them down, they were still coming. Rick started to help out by shooting as well and the sheer force of the elephant gun tore the mummies up and was in pieces on the ground. Giving them time to escape. Stepping over the remains and hauling ass down the passageway. The bits of mummies crawling after them.

Back at the ritual, Rosie had put up a fight with Imhotep, earning her a slip lip and a gash on her cheek. The asshole had knocked her out after he couldn't get her under control. The young cryptographer woke up with her hands bound to the sacrificial altar and groaned. Her head felt like it was split in two. She looked up to see Imhotep reading from the book and a bunch of his priests in a meditative state, bowing continuously. She tugged on the chains hard and squirmed. "It is no use...why fight the inevitable" Imhotep said to her, making her stop and look at him. She started to feel funny, that funny feeling she would get before passing out and waking up in a new place and having no memory of getting there. "Fuckin shit-" she said before she slumped. Her eyes rolled back as Imhotep read from the book more. Chanting hard and loud.

Ardeth shot at the mummies more as the group tried to make it down the long passageways of Hamunaptra. His machine gun then clicked empty. "I'm out!" he said as he threw it down. Rick still had a bit of ammo left as he shot at them as well. The mummies kept coming until another gun was pulled and shot the mummies. Most of them fall to the ground. Evie had used the pistol that Rick had given her and smiled proudly. "Good job let's go!" Rick said and took her hand, pulling her away and into the small room that connected to the passageway. In it stood an eroded statue of Khonsu, the god of the moon. "There it is!" Jonathan yelled and they ran to the statue. "Oh, it's magnificent!" Evie said and touched the foot of the statue. The sudden sound of mummies made the group snap their heads toward the direction of the door they came from. "They're coming!" Evie yelled and Rick quickly grabbed a dynamite stick from his nearly empty gunny sack. "Ah allow me," Ardeth said before Rick could strick the match. He handed it to ardeth and the Madjai quickly struck the match on Rick's stubbly face. Rick yelped and shot Ardeth a dirty look. Ardeth smirked and then lit the dynamite and threw it into the passageway. It soon exploded and the door caved in with the mummies stuck in the rubble.

Rosie seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness. She would open her eyes and hear that awful chanting, it made her feel sick. She let out a soft whimper as she felt a pain in her stomach and she had a thin sheen of sweat covering her. Whatever they were chanting, wasn't agreeing with Rosie. Imhotep held the black book of the dead in one arm and looked down at Rosie. A small smile on his face as he stroked her cheek lovingly. Her vision was shaky and filled with black spots as she looked up at him. She had no idea what came over her. Her voice was frail as she spoke. "Imhotep...my Husband please" she begged and she could see his proud smile drop slightly when hearing Rosie speak to him in such a way. "I can not stop. It's working, I can't stop this" Imhotep said and turned away. Rosie cried and her body lurched in agony. She felt like she was being pulled apart. Forcing another side of her to slowly emerge.