Dreams and Memories

A/N: Hey! so there is a slight warning, a small bit of the chapter has some triggering stuff so beware my readers!

It was dark as night outside even though it was only about two in the afternoon. The Egyptologist stumbled through the dark alleyways of Cairo. Looked around and jumped at everything that moved. His tan face was covered in his own perspiration and it held a haunted look. In his arms, he held The Book of the Dead and also the Canopic jar he took as his prize. The people around him watched him curiously. Thought the man must have been out of his mind or had too much to drink. But as the Egyptologist scurried away another man followed him slowly. Like he had all of the time in the world. One of the street vendors who was packing up for the day took one look at this 'man' and blanched in horror. Dropping his things and ran away. The face he had seen was none other than Imhotep's rotting corpse. His nose missing and all that looked relatively human were Mister Burns's eyes that now sat in Imhoteps two sockets. He looked around at the others and they ran away at the sight. Imhotep felt a power with their fear for him. All he could do was smirk proudly and then keep walking after his prey, moving his robe in the process and covering his face up to not give himself away as he followed the Egyptologist to the Baazar.

While this is happening his new accomplice, Beni is ransacking the Egyptologist's office. Pulling out drawers, and files, and threw them to the floor when he didn't find what he was looking for. He spots a fine silver pocket watch in one drawer and keeps it for himself. Stuffing it into his pants pocket. When he turns to the door he yelps. Rick O'Connell is leaning on the door frame casually with Johnathan slightly behind him looking awkwardly at Beni. "well well well...Lemme guess, spring cleaning?" Rick said and grinned slightly. That went away as soon as Beni broke for the window. Rick launched over to him and took a rolling chair pushing it in Beni's path. He trips and crashes into a wall. Rick strode over to him and lifted him up by his shirt collar. His feet dangling off the floor. "Where's your new friend?" Rick asked. Jonathan looked at the scrawny man and held a firm gaze but stayed clear of rick, not wanting to get in the man's way in fear he might be thrown like a bag of potatoes next.

Beni whined and then shook his head. "Hah! What friend? You are my only friend Oc-" he gasped as Rick pulled a knife on him, holding it dangerously close to his throat. "Then you got no excuse for living. What the hell are you doing being buddies with this creep Beni? What's in it for you?" He questioned him. Beni grunted and struggled in Rick's iron grip. Swallowing hard he replied with a slimy smile. "It is better to be the right hand of the Devil,...than in his path. As long as I serve him I am Immune" he said with a cocky tone of voice. "Immune from what?" John asked and crossed his arms. "You shall see," Beni said as he looked at the man beside O'Connell. Rick shook him roughly to get his attention and Beni coward slightly. "What are you looking for? Lie, and I will slit your throat" Rick said and pushed to knife a bit harder on Beni's neck. Beni yelped feeling it cut him slightly and his voice broke slightly, "The book!! That book they found at Hamunaptra! Imhotep wants it back. Said to me it would be worth its weight in diamonds!" he spilled. He was spilling all of this too easily. "What does he want the book for?" Rick pushed. Beni shrugged and stuttered out "Look I dunno uh.., Something about bringing his Girly-friend back to life, he needs the book," he said and then added "And your sister, not sure which one though," he said to Jonathan who definitely wanted to punch him for even mentioning his sisters. Rick looks over at Johnathan, and Beni took this as an opportunity. He kees Rick in the crotch hard, rick cries out and doubles over. Beni quickly jumped out of the window. With Beni gone with were just the other two. Rick let out a breath and stayed down while John cringed almost feeling phantom pains from it. "That looked rather painful," John said. Rick winced and stood back up slowly. "You know...ever since I met you, my luck has turned to crap".