Fight | 8

—————

————

After helping Scaramouche with paperwork in his office you and him both leave northland bank and made your way back to his campsite. While walking back Scaramouche couldn't take his eyes off you, you felt his eyes on you almost half the journey there. Not being sure if something was on you or perhaps you smelled..?

"What is it?" You question him and he immediately looks away with a tint of pink on his cheeks.
He coughs and looks away from your gaze, his face now hidden from you." Just keep walking" he responds.

Pausing in your steps for a moment he walked ahead and you stared at the back of his head. His hair dancing in the wind with his viel slowly breezing behind, almost mistaking him for a celestial being. It felt so calm so natural that you were with him like you were always meant to be by his side. To be honest it kind of bothered you.

Now seeing the campsite come into view, Scaramouche turned around at the entrance and motioned his fingers in a curl indicating for you to come closer to him. Answering his call you walk closer to him eyes locking again. His hands found their way to your shoulders and he leaned in closer.

"Whatever you hear..you don't" he whispered and pulled away. Huh... what on teyvat.. before you could question, his fleeting form was already across the camp and you had no other choice but to retreat into the comfort of your tent. Honestly, how can a man with short ass legs move so fast, you thought.

Time felt so slow in your tent, mainly because you had nothing to do. Usually, Scaramouche would have ordered you around by now or at least came to visit plus his words from early still rang in your mind. Just what did he mean by that??

Looking around for things to keep you busy, you aimlessly sat on your bed daydreaming about the rest of your life. Being technically a slave for the fatui, it's nice to at least have something to pretend to look forward to. After you got lost in your mind the sun slowly set and darkness covered the sky letting little flickers of light pop up over time.

In the meantime, you found quite an old book. Some of the pages were burned and the cover had stains on it but it's the type of book that you love, gives it a personality even.

Your only source of light was a single candle placed on the top of the desk given in each tent, so occasionally you would have to tilt your book for the light to reflect onto the words for a clearer reading. Letting your mind be consumed by the words, time felt like nothing.

—-

Scaramouche began his descent out of his tent and into the wilderness where he agreed to meet with Childe. Through his steps his mind filled with images of you, he only just got you he didn't want you to belong to someone that wasn't him. And he was set on that.

After walking past the vast trees he spotted the redhead sitting on a rock with his knee supporting his arm as he sat. The area was clear and it was almost a perfect battling area apart from the giant tree in the middle and the rock Childe was sitting on. Scaramouche slowly walked up to Childe and pushed him down from the rock with his foot.