Capture | 14

You could say that the trip to Liyue with the three of you was

You could say that the trip to Liyue with the three of you was.. extremely awkward.

Not a lot of words were exchanged and the tension in the air was thick enough to cut through. Nonetheless, the three of you make your way on the path towards the city. You were still a few steps hidden from Scaramouche and the cicin mage, speaking of the cicin mage you still have no idea of her background or her name even. Then again you didn't care, she was nothing more than a comrade mindlessly following orders given to her.

Deep in your thoughts, you didn't hear the conversation that the other two were speaking ahead of you.

"My lord, may I ask why you always request y/n to accompany you?" She speaks, swaying her hips and occasionally looking over at you from her shoulder.
Scaramouche didn't answer and he didn't need to, that was his business and some nosy mage wasn't going to just change his attitude. So he continued to walk with pride in steps as he ignored the question of the woman beside him.

She noticed his ignorance and could only chuckle in her head, whatever she was planning was coming into motion. Her lord would finally come back to her, she might even get treated like an equal in his eyes. Maybe then can she finally look Scaramouche in the eyes with the same confidence that you have.

She didn't know what you had or why Scaramouche just so naturally warmed up to you. What did you have that she didn't? She obeyed his every word, she never denied him, she told him everything, she followed orders, she was always ahead of the others and worked hard to be in the position she's in now.

But you..

You came in and ruined everything, everything she worked for was thrown out the window. Even the others at camp knew about how easily she was thrown out.  It was unfair. Why should you come in and act all lovey-dovey with the man she had been serving for years?

The way he looked at you was something she thought Scaramouche was physically incapable of, he would act so differently around you. A way that he would never act around herself, it didn't make sense. Where did she go wrong?

Was it something physical or maybe?-

"We're here, y/n stop falling behind," Scaramouche ordered as he crossed his arms waiting for you to catch up. Gosh, you forgot how impatient this man was, you quickened your steps and fell into line with the cicin mage. You all stood at the other end of the bridge from the city, it was rush hour and all the people of Liyue seemed to be out today. It was going to be hard to blend in as fatui but the fatui did somehow always manage on days like these.

Scaramouche was checking his debt collecting schedule and paid no attention to either of you as he flipped through endless pages. You were looking around at the streets from afar that were littered with flocks of people constantly moving. It was going to be difficult to even stay in formation at this point, thinking back to Liyue you can't help but think of Zhou and wonder if he was still running his business.