Past | 10

—————"What do you mean you duelled Childe!?" you exclaim

————

"What do you mean you duelled Childe!?" you exclaim. Pulling away from his chest to get a better view of his face, but his arms didn't move from your waist and only pulled you in closer the more you resisted.

His chest heaved down as he let out a groan. He loosened his grip around your waist but still held his arms there. He pulled away slightly and looked up to meet your eyes with his own.

Waiting for him to answer, you stare blankly at his face with your eyes trailing every now and then to his bare chest. With one more exhale he finally let go of you and brought his hand to rub the crook of his neck as a way to give himself a massage.

"Well.." you say impatiently slowly backing away from him. He cuts you a glare with an annoyed face as his answer.

"I challenged Childe to a duel because I got carried away.." he mumbles under his breath looking away to avoid your eyes.

"Bullshit, tell me the full story." You say crossing your arms and bending down to meet eye to eye. He jolts a little and moves his head back to leave some space from the embarrassing scene. His eyes looked directly at your chest as his breath quickened.

He huffs some more and mumbles something under his breath, his eyes meeting the ground below you but before you can question what he said he speaks.

"At first I just wanted to know about your *ahem* past.. but then he suggested that if I lost I would have to hand you over to him." As he spoke his eyes didn't meet yours once and only stared at the palm of his hand closing it now and then.

Seriously.. he went through all this just to learn about your stupid past? What is he, the second biggest idiot in the fatui. The first place of course being Childe ain't no one taking his crown anytime soon.

But the thing that hit you the hardest was that.. he fought, to keep you? You. The everyday fatui member that has no importance to the tsaritsa or any harbingers in fact.

You never had done anything important besides being glued to Childe's hip and working out your sentence under him. But now your involved in this big mess between not one but TWO harbingers.

Speaking of Childe, is he even ok? If Scaramouche was in such a state I can't even imagine what Childe's condition would be. You promised yourself mentally that you would check up on him in your free time if you would even get any that is.

Sighing you untangle your arms from one another and move beside Scaramouche to where you left the medical supplies. Leftover bandages and the blood-soaked cloth, starting to clean up and pack away you glare back at Scaramouche who is still staring at his hand, shirtless but not speaking or even moving.

Feeling slightly bad you spoke as you put your focus back on cleaning up, keeping yourself busy.

"Zhou.. that shop owner that you got your debt off, he was an old friend of mine before I joined the fatui." You trail off and hear shuffles from Scaramouche's end, the sheets being moved underneath him.