The chilling breeze | 21

You wouldn't say it was the perfect weather for sailing, but your quadrant didn't really have a choice when and when not to sail. Apparently, whatever the mission was in Snezhnaya, it was pretty important, well according to Childe at least. Half the boat ride was just him over-talking about what happens when we land, whos going where and who is to remain by his side. And much to no surprise, you were stationed right by his side, all the time--24/7. Heck, even your breaks were spent with him, you were almost like a parasite attached to him except the opposite.

Although, if per-say, the roles were switched with Scaramouche instead, you wouldn't have complained one bit. But unfortunately, Scaramouche was nowhere in sight, archons knows if he has even reached Inazuma yet. You just wanted this whole thing to be over with already.

You were on the top deck and looking out into the flat blue horizon, it had already been one day since you boarded this boat but it felt like an eternity. You occasionally chatted with other members but most of the time you kept to yourself, but interesting enough the person you would talk to the most was Nikolai, no not Childe, Nikolai.

He would always strike up a conversation with you when you least expected it. It's almost like he just knew your whole schedule and how your inner mind worked. But he was still great company, overtime you both started to get to know each other more, and it finally felt like you had a friend among the fatui for once.

And before you knew it, the next day the ship finally hit the white frosted land of the Tsaritsa. You could definitely tell you reached Sneznaya by how old the winds were from the boat, it was unmistakenly that same cold air that you were awfully familiar with. The way it would fill your lungs and latch onto your fingertips, even beneath the comfort of your gloves. It's like no matter how hard you try to conceal the coldness, it will always find a way in.

Once the boat was adequately docked, many fatuians quickly returned back to their duties and rushed by picking up crates, scrolls and all different types of things on the boat. You wanted to help them as well, however your role wasn't that lucky. You could only wish that was your role, instead, you were stuck by Childe's side-not even Nikolai was with you.

So while you were busy idly gazing at the people below unloading the boat, a pair of blue eyes found their way back onto you, despite his effort to peel them away from you he just couldn't. Something in him just couldn't take his eyes off you, he wasn't sure if it was because of his conflicting sides or if it was his thirst for competition. All he knew was that it all involved you, and only you.

Childe cut his daydream short by finally approaching you, he was light in his steps, afraid that you would fly away if he walked any faster. However you didn't, you slowly turned your head in his direction keeping your eyes glued on the mundane motion of the fatuians below. It was honestly cruel how your eyes didn't want to naturally look at the man who stood before you, it seemed that your mind already plagued out his name--to you, it was now just a bunch of letters stringed together.

Yet it still craved for his validation and attention, his touch kept you hooked and his words played with the stitches of your heart. The fragments of the past are what kept you bonded to him, forgiving his every wrong and always running back into his arms. That intoxicating relief of comfort.

You snapped your eyes onto Childe, waiting for him to say something... after all, he had been standing there, dead staring at you for quite some time now. And as your eyes finally laid on him, he woke up from his daze, finally feeling that relief of contentment.

"y/n come on, we're going straight to the palace, everyone else will set up camp nearby. Meanwhile, you will be staying in the palace with me." he spoke quite quickly and didn't let you refute his demand. You slumped your body over the railing and eventually dragged it off completely. There was no use in even wanting to deny Childe anymore, after all there is no one else to go to. You can simply run away anymore.