A push in the wrong direction | 22

The path to the Tsaritas castle was a difficult one, the snow was inches thick and the blizzard got stronger as you and Childe both approached her majesty's castle. But despite these conditions, Childe persisted that you two must go to the Tsaritas castle as soon as possible.

He never told you why he was in such a rush to get there, and every time you bring it up, he would pretend he didn't hear or point to something in the distance to avoid your question." Sorry, was that I couldn't hear you over the blizzard" or "Oh!
Y/n..look over there! It's some weird snezhnayan creature!"

Speaking honestly, you had no idea if he was doing it on purpose or not. It's been so long since you've properly hanged out with Childe...although you can always recall how people would say you're babysitting him. Maybe he really hasn't changed.

After at least two days worth of travel on the path towards the castle, while also making small camping stops to catch up on sleep--although it was mainly just for you since Childe said he never gets to sleep anyways. He kept watch while you slept and as soon as you awoke, you would swiftly pack up and continue walking for god knows how long.

But finally, all that walking paid off and the Tsaritas castle came into view, it peaked over the snowy plains and the pure height of the Castle was unfathomable. The castle was made of white brick that was glistening with shards of ice, and the end of the multiple towers had a unique design that made the castle more elegant and distinguishable. First, it would be a skinny tower and the more your eyes trailed up, it would lead into a circular dome in the sort. It's hard to imagine how such a thing could be built.

Above the castle however, was far more unfathomable than the castle itself. The largest blizzard you have ever seen was swirling directly above the castle, the clouds were dark and swirled in a circle in the sky, mixing in the rapid wind currents and heavy snow into its void.

To any other foreigner, this sight alone would send them back to their boats, sailing far away and never to step foot into Snezhnaya again. But once again this sight for the locals was the norm, the looming power of the Cyro Archon had an eye in the sky.

—--------------------------

The doors to the palace were ginormous, it was glazed over with ice that transformed into different shapes; some were animals, people, and trees. It all told the story of Snezhnaya on its exterior. You however stood awe-struck at the base of the door, looking up at it to really take in its beauty. You felt a firm grip on your shoulder that slightly pulled you back away from the door.

Childe pulled you back away from the door so that he could open it himself since you were too busy gawking at it. He's seen this door over a thousand times, and yet he still thought it was as beautiful as the first time he saw it, but now all he wanted was to get the both of you out of the cold.

So he pushed the double doors open and let them creek against the empty halls of the palace. You peeked your head from out behind Childe and saw what the doors were hiding behind them. The lavish red carpet seemed like it was sucked into the endless hallway, the hallway that never seemed to end.

Along the walls were smaller doors and between the doors on the wall sat different paintings of the Tsaritsa, and below was a long skinny table that only occupied a vase and a single dried-up flower that drooped.

"After you" Childe bowed his head at you and outstretched his arm in a way to showcase off the hallway, asking you to take the first steps in. You hesitantly complied and started to take small steps into the palace, not knowing how far you should walk or even where to go--you stopped just briefly from the doors waiting for Childe to finish closing the doors behind you.