Chapter 6: Where to hide...when the dark is alive?

Fry clicks on the flashlight in her hand and shines it to find Riddick and Ally. Ally winces at the bright light but sees the others at the end of the container, trying to open up the door. But it was jammed. Fry shines the light to help the others as Ally and Riddick moves to join them. Riddick averts his sight away from the light. It hurt too much to have it glaring in his face. Even with the goggles on but not as bad when they're off.

"She should've stayed down. If she only would've stayed down, she'd be okay. She wouldn't have died." Jack whimpers.

Ally moves and hugs him tight, rubbing his back in comfort, "We're gonna get out of here." She whispers but couldn't stop her voice from shaking.

"You remember the boneyard? These just might be the fuckers that killed every living thing on this planet." Johns says.

Ally looks up as the followers chat back and forth in Arabic with Imam. She could tell they were all scared. Everyone was scared. But Riddick seemed like the only one who kept his cool.

"What are we gonna do now?" Ally speaks up.

"Are these the only lights we have? Is this everything?" Johns asks.

"No. There's a cutting torch on the floor here. I just can't find it." Fry says as she looks for the torch blindly on the floor.

Everyone clutched on to any source of light. Paris only had a lighter. Riddick hands her a flashlight and avoids the brightness of the others.

"Quiet please, everyone." Imam states.

As everyone begins to quiet down, the sounds from outside begin to grow louder. They could still hear the creatures wail and their wings flap loudly. The sounds echo all around them in the container.

"Why do they do that? Make that sound?" Jack asks.

"Perhaps it's the way they see." Imam suggests.

"Like bats from Earth. Echolocation. Sound reflecting back..." Ally explains, but yelps in terror when sounds were made from the inside.

Everyone shines their lights towards the sound, "Could be a breach in the hull. I don't know." Riddick says as he scans the area with his eyes. He looks over his shoulder, "Come on, Johns. You got the big gauge." He says sarcastically.

"I'd rather piss glass. Why don't you go fuckin' check?" Johns remarks.

Paris scrambles away, towards the door as he shoves everyone out of the way, "I'm not staying here one more second."

"Where are you going? Sit him down." Johns demands.

Paris shoves Ally away, making her shout as she slams into the metal wall. Most of the men shout at him for being so violent towards a woman. Fry moves and jumps Paris, forcing him to turn as he frantically fights and looks around them in terror.

Riddick moves and helps Ally up to her feet, "Fear brings out the truth, Beauty." He whispers as he leans in closer.

Ally looks up at him, remembering his words from earlier and rubs her sore shoulder. Riddick wraps his arm around her waist.

"Stay close to me." He whispers, not wanting her to get hurt anymore.

"You don't know what's out there." Fry states strongly as she and Imam try and contain him, but Imam snatches the crowbar from Paris' grip and moves to force a door to open.

"I know what's in here." Paris says frantically.

Imam grunts and struggles, but soon he finally gets it open, "Hurry!" He rushes everyone into the small hole to move on to the next part of the container.